Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
439 Posts
4/23.

Cold as f$&k this morning but the fish were hungry. Herring super hard to find but got 4 jigging main river. First fish in the boat -40”. Then a 36”. Twin 28”ers anda 25 to wrap it up. 21fow

·
Super Moderator
1,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wer u marking alot of fish... We couldnt get any bait at all water temp was cold at 46ish

·
Registered
439 Posts
4/24

0600-1200. Bait hard to find again. Marking lots of fish in deeper water. Got 4 today. 22”-29”. Lost two others that were hooked up. Bite was best at end of tide and beginning of next. 22-35fow. Moved a couple times.

·
Registered
439 Posts
4/25

0700-130

Bait was easier to jig up today. Water at 49. Landed two schoolies on chunk only. Missed a couple runs. Had a live out the entire time without a sniff. 35 fow.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Not looking for specific spots but what general areas (Schodack/Troy, etc) are these reports from? Trying to figure out where it is worth giving it a rip this weekend

·
Registered
22 Posts
4/28

Had a few runs, landed a 42" on live, outgoing, 15 fow. Water temp 52. Bethlehem area. Bait was easy to get, some were too big, smaller fish couldnt swallow them.

·
Registered
439 Posts
5/1

Fished from Albany to Coeymans. Couldn’t get a herring. Super muddy and really strong current. Needed 4 oz to hold the bottom. Marked a bunch but it was nasty. Fished from 615-1400. Water at 51. Empty day. Clarity is terrible. Figures it’s the weekend.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
5/1

Fished from Albany to Coeymans. Couldn't get a herring. Super muddy and really strong current. Needed 4 oz to hold the bottom. Marked a bunch but it was nasty. Fished from 615-1400. Water at 51. Empty day. Clarity is terrible. Figures it's the weekend.
I had to work Saturday and it was far less painful knowing the River was a mess laughing7.gif I did miss my early morning beer shopping at Fidens though.

·
Registered
439 Posts
5/9
Fished from 1000-4. Got herring in Albany. Drifted. Anchored. Live. Chunk. Nada. Went down to Schodack and drifted. Nada. Anchored in Coeymans. Nada. Couldn’t find one hungry but marks were good in Albany. Schodack and Coeymans was a LOT less. Herring jumping all day.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
5/9
Fished from 1000-4. Got herring in Albany. Drifted. Anchored. Live. Chunk. Nada. Went down to Schodack and drifted. Nada. Anchored in Coeymans. Nada. Couldn't find one hungry but marks were good in Albany. Schodack and Coeymans was a LOT less. Herring jumping all day.
That sucks.... between the rain and work I haven't been out in 2 weeks but i heard the last couple days have been decent

·
Keelhauler
578 Posts
5/9
Fished from 1000-4. Got herring in Albany. Drifted. Anchored. Live. Chunk. Nada. Went down to Schodack and drifted. Nada. Anchored in Coeymans. Nada. Couldn't find one hungry but marks were good in Albany. Schodack and Coeymans was a LOT less. Herring jumping all day.
Huuuuuge schools passing by all day in Catskill-Athens area. Not interested in feeding though. Maybe they'll turn on up by you.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts