Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner
1 - 20 of 145 Posts

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I guess i will start this thread until the admins make a sticky.. Got a report today that the bite in Croton was very good.....couldnt keep lines in the water...all 18-28" fish. So the locals have mobilized and startied heading up. Yes....they are not in season yet.

·
cat daddy
50 Posts
I ran into a guy fishing just north of Poughkeepsie and said he got a few today. Also told me there was bait up in the Troy area. Not sure if it’s true or not but I might go check sometime tomorrow.

·
Registered
136 Posts
The forthysia’s are starting to bloom so it’s getting close. It’s an old saying but it’s actually got some merit. Last year at this time herring ( alewives) started showing up in Albany, things are on track. I give it 2 weeks for blue backs...and 3 for the scout strippers. Am I close in my estimates?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Im down south and cover the piermont to newburgh areas. Been scouting and am seeing schools in the usual spots. Seen pics of guys pulling out schoolies up to 27in in the bays down this way. Nothing of size yet.

·
cat daddy
50 Posts
Hey thanks for the update on the poesty. I haven’t even had a chance to get down there yet but should be any day now we will get that first batch of alwives in ther. Yeah that’s either a sucker or possibly a walleye that you’re seeing in there. Well hopefully soon!!!!!

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
They are here....some buddies of mine caught some in Troy over the last week...spotty but they are heading up.......these are still the locals that are schooling and not the migrants.

1 - 20 of 145 Posts