Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 60 of 163 Posts

·
Keelhauler
578 Posts
Put in a few hours this am in Greene. Was able to jig up my bait limit relatively quickly. Screens were lit up with herring and stripers. Only ended up with one 31" though. First one of the year that had my reel screaming. Hopefully this weather doesn't screw things up too much.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Went back out yesterday from 6am to 9pm and what a difference..the fish were much more finicky on the bite...either it was a ton of hits or nothing as they swam by. Lots of fish on the sonar swimming 30' and deeper. We managed to get 10 and most were at 25-27 feet down which I have almost never caught fish at....this definitely defies what I have seen over the years. We did catch a few in the 15-20 strike zone the day before. I suspect these are still the traveling fish so their habits are different that the ones that will come in the next 2 weeks and reside here. It is obvious they are traveling. I will post pics when I get them downloaded again. Water temps were still a chilly 48 degrees which is the same at it was in 2018 but down from 55 last year.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Here are some pics from Wed and Thursday. The bite is still tough but getting better. So far the best bite has been Flood into Slack. As the Ebb tide picks up the bite drops off. Water temps have still been a chilly 48 from Marlboro to Poughkeepsie.

Attachments

·
Registered
136 Posts
The dam was pretty good today. Boated 3 lost one on a drop. Only had 4 herring. All live no chunks. Water was a little over 49°. Not as turbid as I thought it was going to be. I wish I could have stayed. Best day in a while. Only fished for a few hours. The other few boats did well also. I didn’t see much action from the shore guys. This was my first time at the new launch. Long walk in the rain to get the truck. They need to change a couple things. All in all not bad. Nice week of weather ahead us. The flood tide and dark sky seemed to be the ticket today.

·
Registered
113 Posts
The dam was pretty good today. Boated 3 lost one on a drop. Only had 4 herring. All live no chunks. Water was a little over 49°. Not as turbid as I thought it was going to be. I wish I could have stayed. Best day in a while. Only fished for a few hours. The other few boats did well also. I didn't see much action from the shore guys. This was my first time at the new launch. Long walk in the rain to get the truck. They need to change a couple things. All in all not bad. Nice week of weather ahead us. The flood tide and dark sky seemed to be the ticket today.
I saw everyone hooking up today except for me. Couldn't get them to bite. Had live out to

·
Registered
89 Posts
Thanks to all you peeps for posting your adventures! Tough year, sitting on trailer buried at the marina. Chalk this one off. Once they can dig it out, gonna drag it home and work on it for the year. Mental healing..lol. Keep those reports coming!
Tight lines!

·
Smooth move
33 Posts
What everyone’s thought on watching somebody catch a fish that is to be released 28”+ (held up fish was waist high. Tail touching ground) cut it up and throw the carcass back into the river.. I witnessed it today. I was on my boat these people were shore fishing....

·
Smooth move
33 Posts
What everyone's thought on watching somebody catch a fish that is to be released 28"+ (held up fish was waist high. Tail touching ground) cut it up and throw the carcass back into the river.. I witnessed it today. I was on my boat these people were shore fishing....
Call DEC ..... **************** them for poaching.
Don't worry I have photos.. maybe I should post on here so everyone knows who they are!

·
Smooth move
33 Posts
Don't worry I have photos.. maybe I should post on here so everyone knows who they are!
Post them .... who cares if they get upset.

If you really need to poach a fish to survive have at it but at least be discrete.
I zoomed in as much as I can...u can clearly see he is filleting it by the truck..

Attachments

41 - 60 of 163 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.