Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 163 Posts

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Finally got out with a bit of a late start Sunday battling the wind and trying to keep the bait where we wanted it. Lots of marks from Whites up to the stacks, mainly on the west side of the river. Managed 2 fish for the short afternoon. Just happy to get out in the fresh air.
You musta been in the center console getting hammered by the waves ?? That did not look like fun in that boat.

·
Keelhauler
578 Posts
First short trip of the year this morning in Greene County. Getting bait was a PITA ..which in my experience means if you get your hands on some it'll probably be a good day.. Managed to put 3 on the deck 36.25" 28.25" and 34".

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
We fished Marlboro yesterday from 9am to 7pm....probably the coldest day I have ever fished with a nasty West wind. There were plenty of fish traveling below 20 feet and lots of big ones too but they had very little interest in feeding. We ended up with two 24" fish....nice, fat and fresh looking. The fish frequently cane up to our worms but wouldnt take em. I suspect these early fish are fixated on herring and chasing them North so they are less interested in worms. There were clouds of herring. Water temp as 48.5. Back out Fri after the nasty weather moves on.

Attachments

·
Keelhauler
578 Posts
Quick evening trip tonight in Greene. No followers with the stoolie in the main river but I was able to jig some in the creek. Landed two with the biggest being 27.5". Had another pop off mid fight. Seems decent if you can obtain bait. Back out in the am.

·
Keelhauler
578 Posts
Am trip in Greene. Bait was tough once again. Only managed to get 2 herring. Glad I saved a few from the day before. Put 2 stripers in the boat with the largest being a HRF tagged 28". Marked quite a few schools.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
We fished Marlboro and Milton Friday to Sat night. It was wicked cold Friday night and it was a bit windy until the sun went down. We ended up with 6 from 20-26" in Marlboro Fri and only one during the night but it was a 27" screamer. We drifted from Marlboro to Poughkeepsie through the night and the marks and numbers of fish on the sonar was unreal but they had no interest in feeding...not even for an eel. Sat brought some nice weather with very calm water and no wind but the bite was extremely variable. Some of my buddies smoked em and others only got one...it depended where you were when the bite turned on...and it turned off just as fast. We ended up with 6 for the day in Milton. Basically when you found a school it was game on then they moved on. Water temps Friday were 48 degrees and Sat climbed up to 51 degrees in Marboro/Milton. The fish clearly became more active as the temp went up.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Today was a great day....we put a 43"/42lb Cow in the boat along with 28 others. This beast hit a bloodworm just north of the Rock Plant in Marlboro....nothing on the sonar and bam....there she was. We fished from Marlboro to Poughkeepsie....there were lots of fish in the channel and on the E side but the bite was variable....it was best on the tide switches into slack tide. Max ebb shut the bite down and the North wind did not allow much of a flood drift. Water temps were 48. From here on its game on as the bite is picking up fast. I will post more pics when downloaded but here is the cow.

Attachments

21 - 40 of 163 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.