Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
They’re in there. Might as well wait until the river warms up a couple degrees. You’ll likely catch more than herring. I stopped yesterday and left almost immediately. Total zoo.

·
Registered
136 Posts
The posty is a ghost town. Went there yesterday..... nothing. Main river was dead as well
The river is dirty and cold...no sun...usually need a little sun and 2' water clarity to jig from the river. My experience at least. I'm usually in the area from Albany to Troy. I've seen it where they seem to disappear from the creek but I'm pretty sure they're in there. Get the rig deep. Bounce the bottom. You may lose a couple rigs but you'll quickly find out where the garbage is on the bottom. Good luck

·
Registered
136 Posts
Swung by the Poestenkill after work today. 6-8 people standing shoulder to shoulder... no masks. I kept on driving. That’s the fastest way to end our season.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Managed a sole herring for the day near the castleton bridge. Marked them but they didn’t cooperate. Water temp just over 48°. I did catch an American shad. Highlight of the day besides the weather. They’re fun on a sabiki. Released without harm.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Herring were next to impossible on a sabiki today. Bethlehem to Albany tried my usually productive areas. The water is warming up though, thanks to the floating dirt. The sun was nice and the wind was less than yesterday so, at least it was pleasant. Lots of people trying a stoolie on the dock when I packed it up for the day. Didn’t see any in the nets though.

·
Registered
136 Posts
If the water temps stay in the 50’s and there’s sun,jigging in the river will be easier. I managed to get them yesterday and avoid the postenkill. The water clarity I makes things tough. Water in Troy was 55° in the am and started to slowly fall as the day progressed. Strong may sun and dirty water should keep the water warm enough.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.