Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
61 - 66 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
The Roundout is LOADED with bait. Haven't caught a Striper from the Creak, but I was filling my sabiki with each cast last two hours of the tide coming in yesterday 5/14. The second the tide was fully in they vanished. I checked the deepest hole in the Creak where I can usually fill my rig any time of day but they aren't bunkering down in the holes, they're shallow and tight to walls/cover. I never learned about the herring's spawning habits. But if they're anything like most freshwater fish, I'm thinking they were spawning and that is why they were shallow. :clock: :Sailor:

·
Registered
2 Posts
I found the same thing in the Roundout. I was there last Tuesday and caught fist herring on Sabiki w/in 5min. As I was rigging up second pole line was running on the first. 28" 15 lbs, first of season. 2 hours before high tide. Fishing day was done in 20 min.
Tried yesterday as tide was going out and nothing. They herring seem to prefer Sabiki with red bead.

61 - 66 of 66 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.