Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 66 Posts

·
Keelhauler
578 Posts
Lobbed the stoolie in Catskill after work for two hours straight tonight. Another day.. another empty livewell.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I tried the stoolie all weekend in albany area and not one herring. Caught a few bass but nothing of good. Tried again today and still nothing.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Put in at HH today, went up to UHaul, nothing on the fishfinder nothing on the sabiki except 2 white perch, few cats on worms and minnows. Used the perch live for bait, no hits.

·
Registered
136 Posts
The poestenkill was empty as of late afternoon. Anyone know what that red rope with the floats is for? I imagine it's a DEC thing?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Didn't see any herring in the Black Creek yesterday. Guys were tossing Sabikis without luck. Just 2 fallfish and a small brown trout for me.

·
Smooth move
33 Posts
Threw stoolie out for 2 hrs in greene county at high tide, no chasers. Took a ride to black creek nothing in creek at 2 hrs outgoing tide

·
Keelhauler
578 Posts
Another 2 hours scaping in Athens with no herring.

·
Registered
219 Posts
I have said it before and I will say it again: its the end of the world as we know it. Due to a combination of wind, tide, solar eclipse, moonal variations, and all such, the herring will not be running up the river this year. As a result, the stripers will not come either, and we will all be standing there, going, WTF? Or, probably not.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Was out the last three days, definitely no Herring in Albany area, I did watch the Cormorants for a while, they were pulling up Yellow Perch and small Bass if anything, whatever it was, they were working for it

·
Registered
219 Posts
Stopped by Schodack SP to check out the camping. Guy on shore had sabikied a couple of herring. Also a shad. Water clarity is ok at best.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Stopped by Schodack SP to check out the camping. Guy on shore had sabikied a couple of herring. Also a shad. Water clarity is ok at best.
That's about 10 Mi. South of Albany, hope to see some up Albany by ....next Spring. Unless the Godzilla monster ate them all up. And the Stripers too.
This is a strange year.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Stopped by Posty after work and I could see herring from the road, guys were catching/snagging some. I also got some from schodack this am. We are close now

·
Registered
337 Posts
Stopped by Posty after work and I could see herring from the road, guys were catching/snagging some. I also got some from schodack this am. We are close now
Thanks for the Report, Wont be long now !!!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Went out this morning for a few hours before work. Wanted to go south but work getting in the way. Drifted bloods up around Norrie Point south to Rogers Point Boat club. Nuttin! Spoke with another guy sounded like he had the same luck.

Water was reading at 47. The few fish we marked appeared to be between 15 and 25'

·
Registered
337 Posts
Now we deal with More High water, maybe it clear up by next Wednesday

21 - 40 of 66 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.