Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Just wanted to know if anyone is seeing any herring chasing the stoolie? I tried up in coeymans for an hour and nothing yet. Thanks, and tight lines!
Youtube video showed a dude that had some follow a stoolie in Kingston. I haven't tried yet myself here in Kingston, but I'm gonna check my usual hole Fri or Sat, depending how all this rain treats the waters.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hey guys, Chooch here. I checked my honey hole, no follows on plastic, nothing on herring rig. I tried for 3 hours because the rain has made my local watersheds into a NIGHTMARE! I usually get my herring in the Rondout near Kingston. So far this season I've harvested over 30 on 2 trips.Today I went back prepared for high water and higher than normal CFS and VERY POOR water clarity. I didn't go for 4X higher than normal CFS though. I threw my rig every direction to try and have it sink in the hole. No luck at all.Even with every OZ of weight I had on me (about 6oz). A normal 25 foot hole became 35+ because the dam up stream overflowed. Clarity is less than a foot. This storm is going to set us back here in my parts. I know they're deep because the temp isn't quite there yet. Do they go into the river for deeper water in an event like this? -Chooch

·
Registered
10 Posts
The Roundout is LOADED with bait. Haven't caught a Striper from the Creak, but I was filling my sabiki with each cast last two hours of the tide coming in yesterday 5/14. The second the tide was fully in they vanished. I checked the deepest hole in the Creak where I can usually fill my rig any time of day but they aren't bunkering down in the holes, they're shallow and tight to walls/cover. I never learned about the herring's spawning habits. But if they're anything like most freshwater fish, I'm thinking they were spawning and that is why they were shallow. :clock: :Sailor:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.