Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We can use this thread to track Herring movements up the river.

:icon_thelmutsalute:

Let us know when you start seeing them ... General location or county is fine, no need to give up your specific honey holes.

Thank you!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Hi BassinBrian! Hope things are well with you. Looking fwd. to spring! Your starting 2018 reports gives me hope! Sitting down are HH right now, watching the Kimberly Polling heading up River. Our eagles are back on the nest. Fairly high tide, just lapping over the wall. 37 degrees, not bad for February. :trink08:

·
Registered
35 Posts
There's a video posted on another site showing them in Kingston. Apparently, some bass are being caught up there as well.

I won't get on the water until 3rd week. Guessing/hoping there will be good action by then.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Just wanted to know if anyone is seeing any herring chasing the stoolie? I tried up in coeymans for an hour and nothing yet. Thanks, and tight lines!
Youtube video showed a dude that had some follow a stoolie in Kingston. I haven't tried yet myself here in Kingston, but I'm gonna check my usual hole Fri or Sat, depending how all this rain treats the waters.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hey guys, Chooch here. I checked my honey hole, no follows on plastic, nothing on herring rig. I tried for 3 hours because the rain has made my local watersheds into a NIGHTMARE! I usually get my herring in the Rondout near Kingston. So far this season I've harvested over 30 on 2 trips.Today I went back prepared for high water and higher than normal CFS and VERY POOR water clarity. I didn't go for 4X higher than normal CFS though. I threw my rig every direction to try and have it sink in the hole. No luck at all.Even with every OZ of weight I had on me (about 6oz). A normal 25 foot hole became 35+ because the dam up stream overflowed. Clarity is less than a foot. This storm is going to set us back here in my parts. I know they're deep because the temp isn't quite there yet. Do they go into the river for deeper water in an event like this? -Chooch

·
Keelhauler
578 Posts
Tossed the stoolie for 6 hours today around Athens. Not one herring. The Ospreys did no better.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.