Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
161 - 180 of 281 Posts

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Finally got one boat in at Catskill yesterday and could not jig up any herring...marked lots of striper though. My buddy went to the Posty last night and filled a bucket with Herring....I know earlier they were not there but they must have moved in around midnight.

·
Premium Member
1,829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #164 ·
I just tried jigging the esopus and again came up empty, I watched a Spanish guy walk down and pull out about 6 in one throw with a cast net tho. Pretty frustrating to say the least
Cast net, in the creek ?? shake.gif NO nets allowed in the creeks.

·
Registered
56 Posts

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
If you look at the Hudson River Striper Fanatics on Facebook there is a guy who posted that he caught 2 stripers Saturday Morning ... one at 4:30 and one at 5:00.

He has a pic of one of the fish in broad daylight so i mentioned that the one he kept looked like a slot fish and he said he released it.

I didn't bother pointing out it was pitch black at 5:00 AM when he caught it but his pic is in broad daylight shake.gif

·
First Mate
907 Posts
If you look at the Hudson River Striper Fanatics on Facebook there is a guy who posted that he caught 2 stripers Saturday Morning ... one at 4:30 and one at 5:00.

He has a pic of one of the fish in broad daylight so i mentioned that the one he kept looked like a slot fish and he said he released it.

I didn't bother pointing out it was pitch black at 5:00 AM when he caught it but his pic is in broad daylight shake.gif
The guy doing his Gene Simmons impersonation? Yeah I saw that and immediately thought something was wrong but some people get so damn confrontational when you ask them questions that I figured it wasn't worth it. I think he was removed from the group though.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
The guy doing his Gene Simmons impersonation? Yeah I saw that and immediately thought something was wrong but some people get so damn confrontational when you ask them questions that I figured it wasn't worth it. I think he was removed from the group though.
Yep - Eric Grappo or something like that.

He either kept it and lied or was wrong on the 5:00 AM time .... i agree it isn't worth the trouble.

·
Premium Member
1,829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #170 ·
Back to bait info:

I stopped by HH park at lunch, and was able to stoolie up a couple bait in just 15 mins or so. :icon_thumright:

OF COURSE I had to go back to work ... so I gladly gave them to some guys fishing from shore, sure hope they get some bass , and that it's good fishing karma for me icon_wink.gif

It was pretty painful having to leave when I just saw my 1st live herring of the season alright.gif

BB

·
Keelhauler
578 Posts
48.9 water temp in Greene county. I was able to scap and fill my livewell for the first time this season. Hoping something with stripes is hungry.

161 - 180 of 281 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.