Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
241 - 260 of 281 Posts

·
Keelhauler
578 Posts
Tossing the stoolie in the river or jigging in the creeks?

·
Keelhauler
578 Posts
I was able to scap my limit in 3 casts today. More bait more choices. One short run and no fish landed.

·
Official Member
572 Posts
Has anybody figured out the rules for herring poker yet? Clip off one of the hooks on a sabiki, which one is your choice. But before you cast, you have to say what hook is what, jack, queen king, etc. Obviously, 5 on would be the winner, but after that, the rules are not set. Need some standardization. I am still working on it, but could use some help.

·
Keelhauler
578 Posts
Has anybody figured out the rules for herring poker yet? Clip off one of the hooks on a sabiki, which one is your choice. But before you cast, you have to say what hook is what, jack, queen king, etc. Obviously, 5 on would be the winner, but after that, the rules are not set. Need some standardization. I am still working on it, but could use some help.
Awesome idea! I'll definitely put some thought into it.

·
Premium Member
1,829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #255 ·
^^^ HAHA good stuff.

Or make a drinking game ... every herring you catch your buddy has to take a drink :drunk:

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hey guys -
I am pretty novice on the Hudson and the surrounding areas, I have to questions:
1 what/where is HH?
2 I would like to trailer up north to try the herring part of the river. I would like suggestions for a good launch ramp (9W side preferred) with decent parking and not too challenging (trailering is not a strong skillset for me)
Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #259 ·
Hey guys -
I am pretty novice on the Hudson and the surrounding areas, I have to questions:
1 what/where is HH?
2 I would like to trailer up north to try the herring part of the river. I would like suggestions for a good launch ramp (9W side preferred) with decent parking and not too challenging (trailering is not a strong skillset for me)
Thanks
HH = Henry Hudson Park ... located in Selkirk/Bethlehem, nice launch, very busy on weekends.

Catskill (Dutchman's Landing) has a nice launch and large lot.

There are many other places , a lot of small ones. I'm not familiar with places south of Catskill.

241 - 260 of 281 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.