Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to the fishing show in Connecticut this weekend and it was awesome. The seminar series was quite informative and I had the pleasure of meeting and speaking with Greg Myerson who has held the last several world records for Striper.....currently at 82 lbs. There is another show in Rhode Island which I would highly recommend anyone who likes to fish attend....I'll be there.............

http://www.nesaltwatershow.com/

·
Registered
44 Posts
Greg myerson has had one world record for striped bass at 81.14 beating Albert Mcreynolds record for 29 years 78.8 lb. Myerson has got a lot of big fish though.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Greg myerson has had one world record for striped bass at 81.14 beating Albert Mcreynolds record for 29 years 78.8 lb. Myerson has got a lot of big fish though.
He tied his world record last year. He had a mount just under 82 lbs at the show. He holds three world records the all tackle record is 81.88 lbs.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote from his site.........Greg Myerson is a legend in the fishing community. He currently holds four world records for stripers including the 81.88 pound striper caught in Westbrook, Connecticut, the all tackle length world record at 113 cm, and the catch and release world record that he caught with his partner Captain Frank Crescitelli. All his fishing gear utilizes his patent pending sound technology, and continues to invent fishing tackle that catches monster stripers, bluefish, black fish, sharks, and a host of other species. For Greg Myerson's fishing strategies, tips, and tournaments go to www.worldrecordstripercompany.com/blog .

They caught 2 tieing the record in 2015.

Funny how the catch and release record is only 113cm which is 44.5 in. This past year we realeased at least 10 that were 50+ inches. Looks like we need to get some official measuring tape and figure out how to record this for next year.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This was by far the best fishing show I have ever attended and I will be there next year. Found some really cool stuff.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts