Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
141 - 160 of 195 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Bait Fished north of albany last night got 3 doz in a couple hours.. They are tough to get u really gotta see that they are in there and feel them hit before you just go blind snagging like 90% of the ppl I see.. Also saw some illegal netting going on in A trib today during daylight he threw 6 casts and got nothing but A sore arm.. lol.. You just gotta be there at the right time and jig properly..

·
Registered
10 Posts
Bait Fished north of albany last night got 3 doz in a couple hours.. They are tough to get u really gotta see that they are in there and feel them hit before you just go blind snagging like 90% of the ppl I see.. Also saw some illegal netting going on in A trib today during daylight he threw 6 casts and got nothing but A sore arm.. lol.. You just gotta be there at the right time and jig properly..
you caught them of a sabaki jig? what color?

·
Registered
158 Posts
10 per day is the legal limit fyi

·
Keelhauler
578 Posts
I'm going through bait withdrawal in Greene County. I've caught 4 in the past 4 days ...even with a 50' gill net.

·
Registered
68 Posts
10 per day is the legal limit fyi
I have a commercial bait license fyi 10 per person for personal and there were 3 of us..I can take as many as I want out of the river with my net...thanks for your concern.. U need herring let me know $4 a piece for live or 3 frozen fresh for 5

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
nothing like money off fellow fishermen. Just saying.
This is capitalism in the USA and acceptable. I'd rather pay $4 for a live herring than sit in the river all day early season not fishing for striper.

I'll be checking out down around Catskill this week...........boats are hitting the water. Castleton and Poety have been real slow with the cold....nothing in the side streams where we usually see tons but its still cold. The herring seemed to have retreated to the channel.

·
Registered
34 Posts
After I filled a garbage bag with trash left by some A-Holes over the weekend, I tossed the stoolie around for an hour after work today. Main river near Kingston. Netted 2. Last week I was netting my limit in 25 minutes. It seems the cold nights have slowed them down or that first school has moved on. Hopefully warmer weather will turn them back on this week. Tight lines and stay safe

·
Registered
25 Posts
Spent 30 min or so at the poesty today (around 3:30). I donated a few sabiki to the creek bottom, and cleaned up a bag of trash, but no herring. The guys I talked to also said the same thing.
Ditto. Zero movement in the poesty today.

Speaking of donating sabikis, anyone have a good website to buy bulk rigs? Please DM me rather than clogging this post. Thanks!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Fished all day from the port of Albany to the dam. Fished creeks main river different depths etc.. Marked tons of small fish and Tons of cormorants but caught no herring. Did catch a small mouth on a sabiki in the Poesty this morning. Boated about 5 catfish from frozen herring. Back out Saturday!

141 - 160 of 195 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.