Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
121 - 140 of 195 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Quick question... When the point in the season arrives that you can jig them in the main river, how deep are you guys anchored? It sounds like you jig up bait right from your striper fishing spots? Please correct me if I'm wrong

·
Registered
40 Posts
Quick question... When the point in the season arrives that you can jig them in the main river, how deep are you guys anchored? It sounds like you jig up bait right from your striper fishing spots? Please correct me if I'm wrong
You are correct. At least in my case anyhow. We are anchored anywhere from 5ft to 25ft deep.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
I fish up north .... Rensselaer to Troy.

In Troy i can jig herring anywhere in the river and have one within a minute or two!

·
Keelhauler
578 Posts
I was out this morning and couldn't get any at all. The cold has them down. Hopefully they'll show up as it gets warmer.

·
Premium Member
1,829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #129 ·
I was out this morning and couldn't get any at all. The cold has them down. Hopefully they'll show up as it gets warmer.
Same here up in Albany county ... No bait to found, tried stoolie and them some jigging. NADA !!! Chilly am but sun felt great. Just nice to be on the river again.

Try again tomorrow.

:icon_salute2:

·
Keelhauler
578 Posts
Same here up in Albany county ... No bait to found, tried stoolie and them some jigging. NADA !!! Chilly am but sun felt great. Just nice to be on the river again.

Try again tomorrow.

:icon_salute2:
I hear ya! Good luck tomorrow.
I'm wondering how people are doing up the local creeks

121 - 140 of 195 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.