Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
81 - 100 of 195 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
The fish will be here by this weekend, They've been catching them down south for a week now. I'm goin this weekend, lures only.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I have always heard when forsythia blooms the herring will be here. I was in Saratoga today and the forsythia are blooming!

·
Official Member
572 Posts
Hey Plasmud: Under the 90 overpass is usually good when they are in. Don't know where you mean when you say Schodack Creek. On the maps, Schodack Creek is the eastern side of Schodack Island. Muitzeskill I think its called. Canoe accessible through the state park. Moordenerkill comes in opposite HH, on the other side of the seawall that you can't see at high tide. The Vlomankill comes in at the south end of HH Park. I have tried the little stream that comes in just south of the Castleton yatch club, very shallow, nothing. Check google maps.

·
Registered
71 Posts
:trink08: Very miserable weather day Monday but several (including me) successfully scaping up herring at HH. Not heavy but definitely there. Got so excited with the first one I slipped coming back up over the wet wall and went flat out in the mud. Luckily no witnesses!

I had briefly thought about splashing the boat for a test run but thought better of it. Good decision. When I went by the launch I saw the ENCON guys standing around with one of their boats. Couldn't tell if they were thinking about launching or had just come out. No way would I be out there in that 16 footer! It was not the shocker boat that was out last Thursday. Maybe the net boat?

The wind was howling, whitecaps on the river with sideways rain out of the south but it felt really good to soak some fresh herring chunk for the first time this year. Freezing and wet with nothing but a channel cat on the line but the herring are showing up and the game is afoot!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Threw stoolie for 20 min before work in Wappingers on outgoing. Water was calm and glassy. So far had no followers as this is my first year using the scap. I know they're out there I just have to put in the time.

81 - 100 of 195 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.