Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
61 - 80 of 195 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Hello everybody, at the end of last season this oriental lady showed me the stoolie/scap teqnique with a live herring. This offseason I got my own scap and rubber stoolie. Wondering If anybody can shed light on how to tie to your line to get that nice tail whip action. I don't want to rig with a hook nor do I want to risk losing it because they were hard to find. I found a nice silver 9 inch rubber one. Please let me know. The Good luck to all this season!
There is no magic knot that gives the swimbait better action. You can tie it right on or use a snap swivel. Also you don't need a 9" stoolie, the 6" ones that come in a 3-pack at dicks work just fine.

·
Registered
7 Posts
None at Schodack landing - water quality poor;

None at East Greenbush/Renn boat launch (off Forbes Rd); and

Two at Henry Hudson Park in Bethlehem; one caught at the bend before the boat launch (really small apparently), and another caught near/around the boat launch. All rigs. I didn't catch them or see them. No other herring though in the water, and not need the creek at the opposite end of the bend at the end of the park. Water quality was best so far this year.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Threw the stoolie for six hours today just north of coxsackie on co county side and had a few followers but had to slow it down just too sluggish to follow into the net. 12 inches of clarity. river basin and a bunch of people that i talked to today said at the roe jann they were hitting their limit in twenty minutes. I guess i just missed them good luck out there guys

·
Registered
94 Posts
I threw a stoolie for an hour around Bethlehem yesterday evening and had one confirmed follower. I'll try again on Wednesday--no point in abusing myself with the weather and funky easterly winds!

61 - 80 of 195 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.