Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 60 of 195 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Still waiting on herring down in Croton. net guys down there have a VERY slow pick going. The run is a week behind last year, and about 3-4 weeks behind a normal year. Water temp in Croton was 39.9 on most of the river

·
Official Member
168 Posts
Checked most of the regular herring hang out in the rensselaer and Columbia county area. Everything checked negative, the only spot I didn't check was across from the falls across from schodack island entrance, 3 trucks were parked on the side of the road in that area though. I talked to over 10 guys fishing different spots and nobody had any herring. One guy thought he may of had a follower. It will be any day now.

·
Registered
76 Posts
First herring caught for me. Scapped them up just before high tide after throwing a stoolie for hours will bloodworm fishing. Heard reports of them being caught here and there but took pics for proof. south of catskill total of 7 only got them for short time. Chartruese did not work at all threw black back only thing that worked today.

Attachments

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hello everybody, at the end of last season this oriental lady showed me the stoolie/scap teqnique with a live herring. This offseason I got my own scap and rubber stoolie. Wondering If anybody can shed light on how to tie to your line to get that nice tail whip action. I don't want to rig with a hook nor do I want to risk losing it because they were hard to find. I found a nice silver 9 inch rubber one. Please let me know. The Good luck to all this season!

41 - 60 of 195 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.