Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
181 - 195 of 195 Posts
138 Posts
Herring running thick way up here in Central Maine.
10 to 11 inches..
Here's a few pics from last night.
Hopefully Stripers follow suit.
Rivers is low but that can change with some rain..
St.Croix all the Way!!!

Attachments

·
Keelhauler
578 Posts
Brian, you jinxed me. I've been fishing from 8am-1pm.. Not one single herring between gill and scap nets. F. I'm ready to toss my gear in the river this year

·
Registered
75 Posts
Wow, herring were tough today. Couldn't get one for my life today. Last night it was easy, today they seem to have dissapered. I was scapping in Highland (Ulster) . I did manage to get one to put out on one of my rods (no runs on that.) Fished for three hours, only had one follow. Whats going on, it was incoming tide too.

·
Registered
102 Posts
had a tough time catching herring yesterday (castelton area) .. Only managed 3 but did catch my only legal keeper striper of the season , a 25" immature female..
It was also my first gut hook fish of the year so it's going on the grill this weekend :)

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
had a tough time catching herring yesterday (castelton area) .. Only managed 3 but did catch my only legal keeper striper of the season , a 25" immature female..
It was also my first gut hook fish of the year so it's going on the grill this weekend :)
Herring all over up north this morning.

Even manage 3 little stripers and many more runs.

All 3 were keepers but were released.

On that note i am officially done.

·
Official Member
572 Posts
I dropped the sabiki down into the school, came up with herring. Dropped a herring on a hook down, nothing. So, I would need an underwater camera for definitive proof. Water is clear enough.
Hiking this weekend, try again next week.

181 - 195 of 195 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.