Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
hang in there pal... fishing in 2013 was very spotty all over,seemed in the spring the bunker took a detour and never came in heavy,30 years of surf fishing i cant remember the last time that happened.that said,off seasons for me in the past were always followed by great fishing the next year.you have 2 months to get your gear in order...i think 2014 will be great.

·
Registered
11 Posts
This was my 1st year back and didn't catch anything off the surf yet. I plan on changing that this year. I did catch some large fish off boats, Stripers and Blues ~20 lbs and the fight is addictive. I also landed a 50 lb Cow Nose Ray on light gear and a 20+ inch pickerel from the kayak in fresh water.

I am looking for a great 2014, if not I can think of worse things to happen then trying for it.

·
Registered
45 Posts
This was my 1st year back and didn't catch anything off the surf yet. I plan on changing that this year. I did catch some large fish off boats, Stripers and Blues ~20 lbs and the fight is addictive. I also landed a 50 lb Cow Nose Ray on light gear and a 20+ inch pickerel from the kayak in fresh water.

I am looking for a great 2014, if not I can think of worse things to happen then trying for it.
try union beach and port mommoth their know for producing big fish from the surf

1 - 6 of 6 Posts