Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-20 of 104 Results
  1. Buy - Sell - Trade
    It is basically a new boat which underwent 2 phases of work. first the cosmetic and systems then a complete re-power with crusader 6.0 and new transmission. Engine has 125 hours on it now. this is the link to the re-power http://www.blackfinforums.com/content/last-phase-restoration-25-repower...
  2. New Member Introductions
    Hi, My name is Meng Xyong. I'm from the Central Valley in California. Here on the West Coast we have a few places that hold monster sized fish such as San Luis Reservoir, O'Neal Forebay and the California Delta system. I've been fishing for Stripers since I was a kid. I remember my dad taking...
  3. New Member Introductions
    Im a long time fisherman but just started trying for stripers this year lol not sure why it took me so long. So far only got 1 and it was only 20 inches >.< Ive had quite a few runs though but am having trouble landing them and i even had a very nice size one on my line that shook the hook...
  4. Hudson River
    Is the bite really close to being over for the troy/albany area?!?!?
  5. New Member Introductions
    Greetings everyone. I stumbled across this great site and forum and have been lurking for a bit. I saw that this is a great community of fishermen and wanted to join in and hope to have interesting discussions, feedback, and other useful things related to fishing, especially stripers :D I'm a...
  6. New Member Introductions
    Hi everyone, My name is Fred, and I'm based out of Staten Island, NY. I've been a freshwater angler for some time (primarily LMB - and bluegills, when I'm feeling lazy). The hot weather and the mosquito spraying have chased the fish, further and deeper than I can reach from shore, so I've...
  7. The Striper Forum
    I fished for Bass for many years till I got into biking . Now I am back for some relaxation . I fish deeper water and target bigger fish . I started walleye fishing again a couple years ago . I catch some nice stripers or Whipers as they are called . I do good in the around walleye season...
  8. Blogs
    New blog article: Flying Fisherman Key West Sunglasses
  9. New Member Introductions
    New to the forums. Been fishing Striper for about 3 years now, randomly on charters, normally on the Big D at Easton or up. Moving to Water Gap area in a week so that will be a new haunt. Great forum, look forward to sharing info about my favorite fish! -Brian
  10. Hudson River
    I have been after these pesky stripers for 8 years and I have only boated 3 fish. I have put some time on the water thats for sure. I would like to start reaping the rewards of my time investment! I thought it may be helpful to put together some tips for the new angler so they can have an...
  11. New Member Introductions
    I am not new to striper fishing, I usually surf and bank fish. I am new to fishing stripers in the upper chesapeake. Any hints, tactics and areas are what I'm looking for. Thank you for letting me post!
  12. Surfcasting Central
    I have been fishing Lake Mead and other areas here for the past 10 years. I have not fished the last year but have heard that Big Stripers have been biting. Any of you catch any nice Stripers on the lake lately? With 20-30 degree weather..I doubt not too many hitting the lake at the moment.
  13. New York
    Yesterday the body of a Staten Island spear-fisherman was found... The body of a diver who went missing last week was found Tuesday near Breezy Point. Police say the body of 29-year-old Yevgeniy Glebov of Staten Island was pulled from the water around 10 a.m. Glebov was spear fishing in the...
  14. New York
    Anyone heading out to this tonight from 6p-11p @ Hilton in Melville? It's actually in the hotel I'm staying at for work so I figured I'd check it out. Haven't been able to find much info on it, except the folks at the hotel said it was $25 to enter...seems steep to hear some surfrats talk...
  15. New York
    Some years ago I heard a radio interview with a secretive striped bass fisherman from urban eastern US. He drove a nondescript white van so as not to be recognized or followed.He fished from shore, wading, I think. Either New York or New Jersey. I thought it was on public radio but they...
  16. Surfcasting Central
    Fishing equipment casting tournament with cash prizes for 1st, 2nd 3rd places. June 30th in Marlton NJ. (Exit 4 NJ Turnpike / Exit 36 Southbound Rt295 - Exit 34 Northbound Rt295) $20.00 entrance fee Here is the flyer:
  17. Hudson River
    I transplanted myself last fall and am still settling in. However, I think it's time to see how what I know stacks against what works best here where I'm at. I'm looking to fish the Hudson River north and south of Kingston, NY. I've seen pictures of those big Stripers and seems I'd like to hook...
  18. New York
    i fish eastchester bay and the surrounding waters. any fellow local fisherman on this site? post back if you are itching for the season to start again!
  19. New Member Introductions
    I use that term "fisherman" VERY loosely!!! Can't wait to learn from the experience of all the seasoned anglers out their. I just started fishing and so far, haven't caught a thing! But I am hopeful and enjoy learning very much. Thanks to all who share knowledge and experience!!!
  20. Buy - Sell - Trade
    16 ft Wellcraft in Marietta GA...great shape...runs great...garage kept. Includes: Johnson 50 HP, Minn Kota Riptide 55lb thrust trolling motor, Lowrance elite 5 fish finder/gps, livewell, built in battery charger, automatic bilge pump, marine radio, radio/cd player, rod holders (9 of them)...
1-20 of 104 Results