Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-20 of 36 Results
  1. Alabama Stripers
    Anyone home? I had forgot i even joined here a couple of years ago but I recently stumbled back across this site and decided to throw up a post to see if anyone was around. It would be nice to talk to other people from around the state to trade fishing reports and what not. My name is rick and i...
  2. The Wiper Room
    I had forgot i joined here a long time ago. My and my son have been enjoying a great spring with the hybrids this year. The tailrace at the dam has been loaded with them since mid febuary. seems like it might be winding down tho. About a month ago, we could catch them almost every cast but it...
  3. New Member Introductions
    Hello to all, Great to be here. I am looking forward to be a part of the community. I fish mainly on Lake Eufaula, (Lake Walter F George). I have decided to hang up my catfish and crappie gear to concentrate soley on catching hybrids. It appears no one fishes for hybrids here after the spring...
  4. Images and Pictures
    The schooner Alabama of Vineyard Haven ran aground at the mouth of the Mystic River on Wednesday.
  5. Alabama Stripers
    Hello all, It's been a few years since I finished below Wheeler dam, but I have a new boat and I'm ready to get back at it! Brian
  6. Alabama Stripers
    pages 11 and 12 FISHING DAILY CREEL LIMITS, POSSESSION LIMITS AND SIZE LIMITS The creel and possession limits for fish in all public waters of this state, except as otherwise provided for certain State and Federally owned and/or managed fishing lakes and ponds, shall be as follows: Black...
  7. Virginia's Rivers, Lakes and Impoundments
    Virginia's State Freshwater Striped Bass Record 53 lbs 7 oz Leesville Reservoir 03-16-2000 James B. Davis http://www.stripers247.com/Virginia-State-Striper-Records.php
  8. Virginia's Rivers, Lakes and Impoundments
    Leesville Reservoir Leesville Reservoir is a 3,400-acre impoundment located near Altavista Virginia. This reservoir straddles the Pittsylvania and Bedford County borders. Leesville Reservoir is owned by American Electric Power and is managed primarily for hydroelectric power generation and to...
  9. Virginia's Rivers, Lakes and Impoundments
    Smith Mountain Lake Smith Mountain Lake is a 20,600-acre impoundment located near Roanoke in Bedford and Franklin counties. This reservoir is one of Virginia's premier fisheries, offering outstanding fishing and other recreational opportunities. The reservoir was constructed in the early...
  10. Virginia's Rivers, Lakes and Impoundments
    Buggs Island Lake (Kerr Reservoir) Buggs Island Lake is about 48,900 acres at full pool and has one of the best largemouth bass fisheries in the country. Surveys on largemouth bass indicate high rates of reproduction and growth. Largemouth bass in the 2-4 pound range are typical, however...
  11. Virginia's Rivers, Lakes and Impoundments
    Lake Anna Lake Anna is a 9,600-acre impoundment located in Louisa, Orange, and Spotsylvania counties, owned by the Dominion Power Company. The impoundment was completed in 1972 and serves as cooling water for the North Anna Nuclear Power Station. Initial stockings began in 1972, with...
  12. Virginia's Rivers, Lakes and Impoundments
    Staunton River The Staunton River is located in south-central Virginia and forms the boundaries of Campbell, Pittsyvania, Halifax and Charlotte counties. Actually an 81-mile segment of the Roanoke River, the Staunton River begins at Leesville Dam and continues to the confluence with John H...
  13. Virginia's Rivers, Lakes and Impoundments
    Rappahannock River The Rappahannock and Rapidan Rivers provide excellent smallmouth bass and redbreast sunfish angling above Fredericksburg and tidal influence. Additionally, herring, shad and striped bass run the river each spring and ascend past Fredericksburg now that Embrey Dam has been...
  14. Alabama Stripers
    Outdoor Alabama - Lake Eufaula
  15. New Member Introductions
    Hey there. I am a bass fisherman from way back and I live close to Smith Lake Alabama witch is known for it's stripers. And would love to chat with other Smith Lake Al fisherman.So I can catch stripers too.
  16. Alabama Stripers
    Hi guys. As the name suggests, I mainly fish dam tailraces in my area. That area is northeast Alabama. The tennessee and the coosa river systems are my home waters. My friends and I sometimes fish Smith lake west of cullman (love that place). In hot weather we fish spring fed creeks...
  17. Sweetwater Fishing -Freshwater Stripers
    Effects of Striped Bass Stocking on Largemouth Bass and Spotted Bass in Lewis Smith Lake, Alabama Author(s) SHEPHERD Michael D. ; MACEINA Michael J. ; Abstract Introductions of striped bass Morone saxatilis into U.S. reservoirs have caused concern among anglers that target other species owing...
  18. New Member Introductions
    Hey everybody. I live in North Alabama and fish for stripers in both the Tennessee and Coosa Rivers and Weiss Lake. Most of my catching has been below the dams and I'm trying now to learn how to catch them on the lakes. I look forward to learning a lot on this site.
  19. Alabama Stripers
    Come to Lake Martin, Alabama to catch stripes. See http://www.lakemartinstripes.com for details. Tight Lines!
  20. Alabama Stripers
    Hello to you all. I live in southeast alabama. About 30 minutes from Lake Eufaula (Walter F. George) on the Chattahochee River. We occasionally catch a stripe, but mostly hybrids. I have recently took a interest in surf fishing, I will be giving it a try in June in the Panama City area. I...
1-20 of 36 Results