Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-18 of 22 Results
  1. Saltwater Tackle Shop
    I am in the market for a rod to use on my boat for chunking and live-lining. I was in a local shop and saw the Daiwa Saltist Northeast Casting rod and liked it. However, I want to be able to use this to troll tube and worm, swimmers with lips, and maybe a small umbrella or mojo. Would I be okay...
  2. Blogs
    New blog article: Northeast Fishing & Hunting Expo
  3. Striped Bass Fishery Conservation/Politics/News
    A list and breakdown of the 5 goals
  4. Kayaking Stripers
    eager tiuse new fishing kayak in Narragansett Bay. water temps mid 60's,still hypothermic levels.Have drysuit coming in te mail soon.put outriggers on my trident 15.Am ICU TRAUMA RN,and have taken care of some very cold people,not always pretty.getting wetsuit for one of my sons.again wondering...
  5. Seminars / Expos / Tourneys
    Northeast Striper Shootout will be holding its first annual July "Bass Blast" tournament on July 10th, 2010. The tournament is being hosted by Between the Bridges Marina in Old Saybrook, CT. 2 more tournaments will be held this year, August 21st and September 25th. 1 day tourney, highest...
  6. Stripers 101 - The Beginners clinic.
    For a long time now we've had a noreaster storm that has been spinning off the coast, blowing rain onto us from the east. It feels like it's been days. How will this change your fishing? Will the fish be disturbed for a while with altered eating patterns? Will they be less likely to be...
  7. Striped Bass Fishery Conservation/Politics/News
    Northeast - Quota Increase Proposed for the Spiny Dogfish Fishery NOAA Fisheries Service has proposed new management measures for the spiny dogfish fishery that would be in effect from May 1, 2009, through April 30, 2010. The proposed changes include an increase in the annual quota to 12...
  8. Hudson River
    The Great Northeast Outdoor Show. This year marks the 23rd edition of this annual gathering, and will take place from March 20-22 at the Empire State Plaza Convention Center in Albany. The show starts Friday, March 20, from 4-9 p.m.; Saturday, March 21, from 9 a.m.-6 p.m.; and Sunday, March...
  9. The Striper Forum
    We might have some good striper fishing coming up for sunday night into monday and tuesday. Just watched a local weather station and they reported a tropical storm coming up along the coast of CT and South Coast of RI. If anyone wants to go out and have some fun let me know
  10. Massachusetts
    After eight days of northeast wind it has ended. Lobster season was delayed one day. Yesterday was the first day for bait fish in any numbers to arrive in the rivers and the sea-run arrived with them. Four caught over 3 lbs today by our group. No pictures of Aaron's he was up River,kept three...
  11. Surfcasting Central
    The Sportcast USA Northeast Open and Northeast States Casting Championships will be held on Saturday April 26 and Sunday April 27, 2008 in Marlton, NJ. The field is available for practice on Friday. Competitors may cast four different weights, 100g, 125g, 150g and 175g weights. Casts will be...
  12. Seminars / Expos / Tourneys
    2008 Connecticut convention center Northeast Fishing & Hunting Expo Friday February 15 thru Sunday February 17th 2008
  13. New York
    http://radar.weather.gov/ridge/Conus/northeast_loop.php
  14. Massachusetts
  15. New Jersey
  16. Surfcasting Central
    The Sportcast USA Northeast Open and Northeast States Casting Championships will be held on Saturday March 31 and Sunday April 1, 2007 in Marlton, NJ. The field is available for practice on Friday. New for 2007 is the introduction of the 100 gram and 175 gram weights. There are now four...
  17. The Striper Forum
    Question? When stripers return to the Northeast for the season, there following the warming water trend and migrating forage correct? Now when they arrive up this far north, do they stage in deeper offshore or outter harbor waters before they move up onto the beaches and into rivers ect...
  18. Missouri Stripers
    Long Branch Lake (Northeast Region) Information: (660) 785-2420 Long Branch Lake, located in Macon County, is a 2,400-acre Corps of Enginners flood control reservoir. Largemouth bass surveys were not conducted in spring 2009 due to high water and poor sampling conditions. Bass numbers have been...
1-18 of 22 Results