Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-19 of 40 Results
  1. The Striper Forum
    Anybody else on here from southern maine? How has your luck been so far this season? I'm looking for spot tips and what bait is working right now? I went down to camp ellis last night and it was completely dead using clams and this jig I picked up...
  2. Maine
    What's everyone seeing for bait? Mackeral patterns have always worked well in Sept. Mackeral seem to be in short supply lately at the Cape Cod Canal. Not sure is they are getting scarce up there to. I'll be in the Wells/York area in a couple weeks. Thanks for any help.
  3. Hudson River
    Anyone catching anything from the NYC area on the Hudson? I have been spending a lot of time fishing off the piers at 125th street with no luck. Haven't seen anyone else catch anything either.
  4. Maine
    Hello fella's, been off for a long time but still fishing. Mostly stripers in the river and macks as far south as Rockland, but,,,As of tonight I find myself in a room on us 1 in scarborough with my gear ready and willing. Ive been hearing that this is a good time to fish southern Maine so here...
  5. The Striper Forum
    Hi all, I am dying here in southern mass trying to locate the stripers. My season has started and I have very little to show for it. Its been a very tough season so far. Gay Head is dead and cuttyhunk is only producing schoolies. Anyone know where the fish are over here? thanks in...
  6. Hudson River
    I transplanted myself last fall and am still settling in. However, I think it's time to see how what I know stacks against what works best here where I'm at. I'm looking to fish the Hudson River north and south of Kingston, NY. I've seen pictures of those big Stripers and seems I'd like to hook...
  7. New Member Introductions
    Hi Everybody, My name is Bud and I've lived here in Southern Maryland most of my life. I joined this forum because I found it had alot of knowledge for the Rock Fishing community and Anglers of all types of fishing. I mostly fish the Lower Potomac River and it's tributaries for not only...
  8. New Member Introductions
    Just signed up. Chompin' at the bit for these fall monsters to show up. Anybody in the area catching anything, let me know. My buddy told me the big boys are showing up in the bait nets, I'm just waiting to see some proof and I'm headin' out.
  9. Surfcasting Central
    Hi, folks I've recently moved to southern Maine have done 0 fishing in my previous life in England. I have been given a few bits of kit and want to learn how to striper fish. I have an 8' rod with reel and line. a handful of 'storm wildeye live mackerel' 4" lures. a roll of 20lb disappering...
  10. Rhode Island Fishing
    Has anyone heard of the fish moving into southern RI. I heard a few arrived, but nothing in large numbers. Enjoy Easter weekend!
  11. Maine
    hello fellow fishermen. i live inshore in maine so in naples.. looking for help.want to fish this weekend usually travel to bideford or saco i have been chucking every bait out there for 4 years and still looking to hook on to a striper anything but the crabs....loll an info on any hot spots...
  12. New Member Introductions
    Hey all, Just saying hello to you all. Been reading alot of great info on this site! Other than the past couple weeks of fishing, I havent been fishing in about 15 years! I picked up a couple rods (8'6 and a 12' Ugly Stick Medium Light) and a couple reels. After about 5 trips to the shores of...
  13. The Striper Forum
    Hey, My name is Bill and Im a new member from York, Maine. Are there any light tackle Striper enthusiasts in my backyard? If so,.....lets go! Tons of Surf action here. Additionally there's a Great Light Tackle Guide here in york maine who is VERY reasonable ratewise for a 6hr trip very well...
  14. The Striper Forum
    I will be vacationing in Maine in late June. I am looking to find a charter from Kennebunk south for myself that is under $100. I am looking to catch stripers. Can anyone recommend someone for me? Do they have a website? Dan
  15. New Member Introductions
    Although we don't have a saltwater Striper population and our freshwater size doesn't compare to that in East, I am still proud to say that Stripers are my favorite fish! Don't misunderstand me, though, if it swims I'll try to catch it :bluegrin: About me- -Fishing for 30 years -Enjoy catching...
  16. Canada
    Origin and movements of young-of-the-year striped bass in the southern Gulf of St. Lawrence, New Brunswick Author(s) ROBINSON M. ; COURTENAY S. ; BENFEY T. ; MACEDA L. ; WIRGIN I. ; Abstract Young-of-the-year (age-0) striped bass Morone saxatilis have been observed during late summer and...
  17. Maine
    I am brand new to blogging. I had hoped I could blog here and get current info on conditions in southern Maine. Can't find anything useful here. Am i doing something wrong or is it that this is the wrong place to find info. ie on a blog
  18. Saltwater Species
    On August 12th,at about 5:30 am, picked up this nice Snook off the Hobe Sound Fl, public beach, on a large Rebel Wind Cheater using 12# test.
  19. Saltwater Species
    Has anybody tried it? A friend of mine was at the Cape when he heard about it. I saw an On the Water program about it. All they said was it was in southern Mass. Does abyone have any info of what beaches you can fish on? Thanks.
1-19 of 40 Results