Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-20 of 134 Results
  1. Surfcasting Central
    Hello There I have the great privilege of being able to walk to the rocks at Two Lights State Park or Hannaford Cove just north of the Cape Elizabeth/Casco Bay entry light house. I used to catch stripers when I lived in Florida and Maryland but up here I'm completely out of my element. I've...
  2. The Striper Forum
    Anybody else on here from southern maine? How has your luck been so far this season? I'm looking for spot tips and what bait is working right now? I went down to camp ellis last night and it was completely dead using clams and this jig I picked up...
  3. Maine
    What's everyone seeing for bait? Mackeral patterns have always worked well in Sept. Mackeral seem to be in short supply lately at the Cape Cod Canal. Not sure is they are getting scarce up there to. I'll be in the Wells/York area in a couple weeks. Thanks for any help.
  4. New Member Introductions
    Hello, I am just getting into surf fishing. Based in Portland, Maine. Using a combination of local tackle shop advice, connecting with friends who fish, forums (like this one), other online resources, and books to try to connect all the dots. Two nights ago I caught my first striper ever...
  5. Maine
    Hi everyone! Just moved to maine from NY. I just bought a couple of surf rods the yesterday. anyone fish popham or hermit island area? Would love some adivice and or company sometime. thanks, rob
  6. The Striper Forum
    Check this out. Over the years I heard that Stripa's eat lobsta but until now I have never had proof of my own, just a lot of stories and I have check a lot of stripa stomach contents in my day. I Was beginning to think it was a myth until now. Now I have my proof. A friend and I were fishing...
  7. New Member Introductions
    Hi everyone. Glad that this site is available since it will be a great help to me, since i am new to ocean fishing. Thanks for letting me join and hopefully someday i will be contributing to the site with fishing advice, etc.. I just moved to bath, maine a couple of weeks ago and am really...
  8. Maine
    Hey fellas, Ok so we all know there has been a surge in the green crab population here in Maine and the stripers are taking full Advantage of this food source! Big time, as most the fly guys know a "Buffy" or and green crab pattern is messing the fish up, and most plug or lure fisherman are...
  9. Maine
    Just moved to Lamoine, outside Ellsworth from North Carolina. Anyone nearby? Looking to get into striped fishing. In the past always been fishing for red drum and trout. Want to learn
  10. The Striper Forum
    Hi,I'm new to this site(and striper fishing). Myself and my 3 sons are avid fisherman. We fished Pine Point, Maine and Camp Ellis, Maine last summer. In low tide,high tide,morning,night with no luck. We talked to alot of people and followed thier advice(rod setup,bait and places to cast).We were...
  11. Maine
    Hello fella's, been off for a long time but still fishing. Mostly stripers in the river and macks as far south as Rockland, but,,,As of tonight I find myself in a room on us 1 in scarborough with my gear ready and willing. Ive been hearing that this is a good time to fish southern Maine so here...
  12. Maine
    How come you can hire a golf pro to show you the ropes, but there doesn't seem to be any fishing coaches? Guides aren't coaches, most of them don't seem to want to share their knowledge. I want to learn ways to be a better fisherman, not just be put on the fish for that day. Like the old...
  13. Maine
    Hey does anyone Know of ant good trolling spots im very good with live mackeral but i wanna catch em on spoons and umbrella rigs. Well of you know spots i know a few but id like to try some other spots my boat can handle just about anything Thanks again
  14. Striper Guides & Charters
    Hello yall. We are brand new to the forums. My wife and I are coming to visit a friend in Jackman, Maine from Houston, Texas. We are flying into Bangor, Maine on the 2nd week of August. We are looking for a good guide recommmendation for striped bass close to the Bangor area, i am...
  15. New Member Introductions
    Hey, new to the forums but lurked in the past. I fish Southern Maine with one favourite spot for me that I can walk to and primarily chuck a fly or will also use spinning gear and artificial bait (plastics mainly) with some metal as well (e.g. Kastmaster). I'm actually from Canada but own a home...
  16. Shorebound - Surf Beginners
    I'm heading to Trenton Maine for a couple of weeks and would like to do some striper fishing while I'm there. I have no experience in Maine but have fished stripers in Delaware for 20+ years. I typically use a 7' rod and bait casting reel spooled with 40lb. braid. I use this setup off the...
  17. New Member Introductions
    Spend a lot of time here in the summer. Like to Surf Cast but could use some pointers. Hoping this forum can help. Nice to meet you all ! Slyder
  18. New Member Introductions
    Hey everyone, I live in Saco, ME and I am getting back into striper fishing. haven't caught one since 2006. I'm gonna try my luck all over the Saco river this season and some Camp Ellis jetty fishing. Any tips for times to go out like tides/night or day/weather, etc. would be greatly...
  19. The Striper Forum
    I was wondering if anyone knows if the stripers are up here yet. I have a friend down in New Hampshire who caught two the other day, so does anyone know if they're up here? Thanks
  20. Maine
    Hey all. I'm new to the Maine area and looking for people to fish with. I spent most of my life freshwater fishing and two years ago fell head over heels for striper fishing. I was living in Mass and would frequent plum island alot. I would love to chat, meet-up, go fishing with people...
1-20 of 134 Results