Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-20 of 38 Results
  1. Florida Stripers and Hybrids
    Striped Bass of the Ocklawaha River, Florida Some of my fellow river bass anglers have experienced this type of adrenalin stimulus at least once in their lives and have not forgotten it yet. You are float-fishing a flowing river for your favorite black bass species from your canoe or kayak when...
  2. Reference Library
    "Largemouth Bass of the Ocklawaha River, Florida" Last Revised: 02 August 2017 This report -- compiled by a fisherman who fishes from a man-powered canoe and has actually caught over 2,000 largemouth bass on artificial lures from the Ocklawaha basin -- will attempt to consolidate available...
  3. Florida Stripers and Hybrids
    Rodman Reservoir Largemouth Bass Fishing Guide Reports His Impressive Catches to the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission As Evidence to Retain a Man-Made Reservoir For Largemouth Bass Fishing Instead of Restoring a Free-Flowing River That Supported Native Striped Bass A...
  4. Florida Stripers and Hybrids
    If these kind of lists (Florida's biggest fish ever caught) interest you, the next two are just about the most detailed FREE ones available anywhere: ALL-TIME TOP-25 BIGGEST / HEAVIEST STRIPED BASS EVER CAUGHT (OR REPORTEDLY CAUGHT) IN FLORIDA...
  5. Florida Stripers and Hybrids
    ATTENTION: STRIPED BASS HISTORY BUFFS! DO YOU REALLY KNOW WHAT YOUR "HOME" BASS-FISHING RIVER WAS LIKE 124 YEARS AGO? The 1891 US Army Corps of Engineers USACOE Survey of the Ocklawaha River, Florida Report of Survey Prepared 1891 by the United States Army Corps of Engineers An Information...
  6. Saltwater Species
    The last few days of November we had here look to be fairly windy, so I was glad to get out and enjoy some fun fishing for myself on 11/28/12. We hit a couple gulf spots early in the day on the last of the falling tide. Caught a cobia and nice redfish both on pinfish on different spots, hit a...
  7. New Member Introductions
    Thanks for having me aboard. I'll be working in Philly from october to December and plan on fishing for Stripers on Jersey shore on weekends. Hope To cross paths with fellow forum members along the way.
  8. Saltwater Species
    Islamorada fishing in July has been action packed, but it has been hot! Most of the time leaving early has helped, as often mid-day things kind of slow down due to the heat. We've had a little bit of everything going on in the everglades backcountry fishing. There has been a good bite of redfish...
  9. Stripers on the Fly
    Moved to Fairfield CT (Near Jennnigs Beach) from Florida resently and am lost up here. Not sure where to go or what flies to use or when to go for that matter. I have a 9wt outfit to use flt and sink line.... Any help would be appreciated...I'm far from Tarpon waters... CJ
  10. Saltwater Species
    A change of scenery, some nice weather, and a few fish.
  11. Saltwater Species
    Capt. Rick Stanczyk fished John again for his last day here on 1/20/12. Did another full day back in the 'glades for some more january islamorada fishing. The first day John fished on the 17th, we caught 10 nice snook, including a 15 lber on the 1st cast with no bait on a troll-rite! Finished...
  12. Vendor Spotlight! Great Deals for Members
    Come experience the thrill of bait fishing HUGE florida keys tarpon in 2012! Starting in the early spring (as early as Febuary in some cases, depending on weather and temperatures) big schools of migrating tarpon show up off the cape and backcountry of southern florida. As the season progresses...
  13. Saltwater Species
    Capt. Rick Stanczyk took his father, Capt. Richard Stanczyk Sr. and friend Ron Modra out for a day of december fishing in islamorada. We had a cold front come through the other night and it was a chilly ride in the 60s this morning, very cold going fast across the bay! We ran back around the...
  14. Saltwater Species
    Capt. Rick Stanczyk fished two half days today on 11/3/11. This morning had Keith Krunk down with a group also fishing Capt. Jack Backus and Capt. Ed Cale. We fished out west trying for spanish mackerels since a few have been showing up since the temperatures have dropped. Today the wind fell...
  15. Saltwater Species
    We have been having some fun fall inshore fishing trips here at Mosquito Lagoon this October 2011, with the high water this time of year, we are targeting Redfish close to shorelines and on grass flats which are now good depth of 12" to 18", many of the flats which held fish during the early...
  16. Saltwater Species
    Capt. Rick Stanczyk had regulars Lee and Rob down for some florida keys fishing this past weekend on 10/8/11 + 10/9/11. Weather was a little crummy, pretty rainy and overcast both days. First day we avoided it till the end. Had a two boat trip, made it back to flamingo early. Had good...
  17. Saltwater Species
    We had John and Pam aboard the BNM for a Florida Keys Fishing Trip on 9-24-11. Pam insisted they were lucky and we were going to catch a swordfish guaranteed. I told both of them we had a good shot, but there had been quite a few small fish around which can be very frustrating when trying to...
  18. Saltwater Species
    Capt. Vinnie Biondoletti took fellow captains & friends Rick Stanczyk and Jake Turek out for some islamorada flats fishing today on 9/2/11. We ran back to flamingo in his small Beavertail skiff and fished the shorelines and around some islands poling up where it is normally very shallow. We...
  19. The Striper Forum
    Hey yall, I'm a newbie visiting inlaws in barnegat, snagged me a Jersey babe and we live in St augustine FL where I fish my 22' mako every second i'm not working. Seeing as i will be coming here for years to come and plan on surfing and fishing here i'm looking for some striper 101 from you...
  20. Florida Stripers and Hybrids
    Lee Toliver - Hampton Roads.com RSS feed - March 17, 2011 The Bassmaster Elite Series has started its second stop of the 8-tournament season and Virginia Beach's Rick Morris is hoping to improve on last weekend's finish in the first stop. Morris finished 39th and pocketed $10,000 last...
1-20 of 38 Results