Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-19 of 139 Results
  1. The Striper Forum
    Cape Cod bay is not the first place that comes to mind when you think of surfcasting, but as it turns out I was actually able to catch my PB striper. The fish is by no means a fish of a lifetime, but for me it certainly was pretty big. I'm going to leave a link to the video below, so feel...
  2. Stripers 101 - The Beginners clinic.
    hi,I live in holden ma,looking for some one who is willing to take down on cape cod canal ( ill drive ) for first time to show place and give me pointers ,I have rods from 9' to 12' long reels,bait and other ,thx
  3. Hudson River
    Many years ago I fished for tommy cod on the Hudson in the p park area. Do they still run in the river any near Newburg area, Thank You.
  4. Surfcasting Central
    I've moved to Cape Cod last summer and I heard about how good the fishing here was, so I fished from the beach a few times and have become addicted. I just have no idea what I am doing. So my questions are : 1. What am I looking for when I am fishing from shore ? 2. What is the best lure...
  5. New Member Introductions
    Im visiting cape cod the 2nd week of june Im wondering if anyone can give me any tips on fishing the cape cod canal. Im also looking for a good charter to go on that can hold 2-3 guys thanks looking forward to learning all about striper fishing
  6. Cape Cod Canal
    Yes I'm new here but not new to fishing. What a great idea this forum is. Kudos to the creator. Doesn't seem like there is a lot of activity though. :icon_cry:
  7. Massachusetts
    Hey Guys, My friend and i are going fishing in the cape were wondering some spots using sand eels Squid ETC. We also have surfcasters which we would love to use if you can send me a few spots id be grateful. Thanks for your time.
  8. Massachusetts
    Hi all. I'm going to be on vacation in mid-August in Buzzard's Bay/Onset (jst off Cape Cod) and wondering if anyone from the area can point me to some shore or pier fishing spots. Stripers or anything really... thanks. Also, any tackle shops in that area? I find that locals can be helpful...
  9. Massachusetts
    ill be on the cape june 9 threw the 16 its going to be my first time out there. i got the scoop on the bass but i would love nothing more then to find a cod or 2. i have been looking at some chart and see there is some nice water around P-town is there any where on the cape i could get into some...
  10. Shorebound - Surf Beginners
    Are stripers moving in the canal now? Have never fished canal this early due to freshwater fishing but want to spend more time saltwater this year. Thanks:cook:
  11. Massachusetts
    I'm fishing for cod in Stellwagon Wednesday and Thursday. Will post a report when we get back. If anyone gets out there before then I'd love to hear how you did.
  12. Massachusetts
    Hey Guys, With the start of the 2012 striped bass fishing season just a month away, I figured now was a good time to post this. Like everyone on this board I love to fish, especially for striped bass off Cape Cod. However I remember how difficult of a time I initially had finding and figuring...
  13. The Striper Forum
    Local angler Dave (last name withheld) has just landed yet another keeper striped bass taken in the waters off Chatham. The fish weighed 29 pounds and took a live eel fished at night! http://boatinglocal.com/fishing/29-pound-striper-landed-on-cape-cod.html Not too shabby for February :adore:
  14. New Member Introductions
    Hey guys, looks like a pretty sweet forum here, I've been fishing for Stripers for the last 15 years. I started on the Brewster flats (MA) and have worked my way to the ocean side mostly in Chatham fishing off my family's 22 Grady White. However, I go to school in Rhode Island and live in...
  15. Saltwater Species
    The new regulation, which amends the existing regulation pertaining to the minimum size for cod caught recreationally, is as follows: Minimum Size: No person fishing recreationally shall land or possess any cod measuring less than 22" total length, or any cod fillet measuring less than 14″...
  16. Saltwater Species
    Getting the warm clothes out and getting ready for some cod action. What is your favorite charter boat and/or captain and why? Montauk, Shinnecock, Captree, Freeport, doesn't matter. I'm ready to try some other boats this year and could use a recommendation or 2.
  17. Striped Bass Fishery Conservation/Politics/News
    In 2008, a NOAA assessment of the cod fishery in the Gulf of Maine gave groundfishermen cause for hope. The cod stocks, which had been heavily overfished in the 80s and 90s, were showing strong signs of recovery. Cod numbers were stronger than they had been in three decades, according to the...
  18. Striper Guides & Charters
    So far this September has been an exact repeat of the September of 2010. A year ago last night I had a crew from Missouri catch 30-40 keeper striped bass with the largest tipping the scales at 37.5 pounds. These were by far the biggest bass of their lives, and according to them, the best...
  19. Striper Guides & Charters
    The bass fishing in CCB is pretty good right now. Best of luck to anyone who is lucky enough to get out there! _______________________________________________________________ Saturday's fishing excursion began at 4:30am with a juvenile bluefish trip, and ended at 4am Sunday, after landing close...
1-19 of 139 Results