Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-20 of 349 Results
  1. The Striper Forum
    Cape Cod bay is not the first place that comes to mind when you think of surfcasting, but as it turns out I was actually able to catch my PB striper. The fish is by no means a fish of a lifetime, but for me it certainly was pretty big. I'm going to leave a link to the video below, so feel...
  2. Maine
    I have communicated with Dave Sherwood here about this, but lost touch with him---thought his handle was greenwing1 and may live in the Bowdoinham area??? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
  3. Maine
    Hey guys, This is my first post in the forum, i have been reading threads in here for years but was hoping that i could pick your brains for some tips. I have done a little bit of surf casting off Cape Cod, but this year my family and I are spending a week camping at Sagadahoc Bay Campground...
  4. The Striper Forum
    Hello all, This might come off as shameless advertising but I can guarantee you this is original content and relevant. I have many more trips / videos planned for the summer. I hope you guys enjoy! Not sure how to embed the video. Sorry =( Everything was released and returned alive. This...
  5. Chesapeake Bay
    Can anyone tell me if spot have made it up into the tributarys? I'm particularly interested in the mouth of the Choptank and the Tred Avon. Many thanks!
  6. The Striper Forum
    Hello all! I'm new to striper fishing and rod n reel fishing in general. I live on the back bays in Eastern Long Island. I've caught a couple blues the past few weeks, runners I'd imagine as the action isn't thick yet. Around dusk there has been a ton of feeding activity but it doesn't seem to...
  7. New Member Introductions
    Morning guys. Happy to be a new member. I'm stoked I came across the site! Watching guys pull fish from the beach all weekend really hooked me. Instead of wasting more time and money buying equipment that isnt right for my application, I thought I'd ask the professionals. I always have a...
  8. New Hampshire
    Hey everyone, As I watch the Daytona 500, I'm putting together a list of new shore spots I'd like to try this year. I'm familiar with Hilton Park, but I'm asking for any other spots in the area where shore fishing is possible, as well as places to launch an aluminum 12' v-hull with a six HP...
  9. New Member Introductions
    Just bought a 1988 20’ Grady-White, looking to learn how to fish the Mid Chesapeake Bay area. What is the best way to find forms on this? I'll take any suggest you have. I hope to get at least one fish this year. RedMich
  10. New Jersey
    is it just me or is the striper run amazing this year still gotta get me a monster thow
  11. New Member Introductions
    Hi all, New to this forum. I Fish in Jamaica bay and this is my first Striper season. Went out with a friend and he caught 2 stripers trolling with a spoon. We fish off on inflatables in Jamaica Bay.
  12. New Jersey
    Hey fellow striper fishermen. Haven't been out in suds fishing for a couple years so not sure if any of the beaches I used to fish along bay are open or close. Can anyone help? Is UB still open to fishing? Or anywhere along there or have they forbidden fishing? Any help would be greatly...
  13. New Jersey
    Trolled up 7 nice fish today. Late morning they hit down low, after 12 they hit on top. Exploding on the water. So cool. :flyfish:
  14. Chesapeake Bay
    I was told mariners point, in april and may, first time at Chesapeake bay so a little help would be appreciated, fished stripers, Albany NY, and Cumberland ky,, but not in the Chesapeake bay, so , Is this a good time to go, and a good place to start, have a small deep V boat, 90hp with kicker...
  15. The Striper Forum
    I am going fishing on the bay for the first time. I normally shore fish. Any suggestions would greatly be appreciated to make this a memorable moment. Location, type of bait what ever you would like to help me with. thanks guys
  16. Maine
    Any news on whether stripers have made it up to the Penobscot this year? I an spending next week on Swan's Island. I'm planning to bring the kayak and see what I can find. Can I expect anything other than mackerel?
  17. Rhode Island Fishing
    Hey all, I'm new to this area and been researching out the wahoo to learn more. However, I've come across some terms that I don't quite understand. If anyone could help me out that would be great. Narragansett Bay: Does this include Mt. Hope Bay/Sakonnet River/Grenwich bay/etc all as one...
  18. Blogs
    New blog article: Groundfish in the Bay and Controversy At the Canal
  19. New Jersey
    Tomorrows high tide is around 6 am and since Im doing nothing I don't think Ill be passing it up. Was Thinking I could throw some plugs but with the rough weather the last two days I dont see many reports. Was going to fish in key port but maybe Ill head toward the hook if its slow. Any one...
  20. New York
    Hello- Im not used to ocean and bay fishing. Grew up fishing for trout in PA. Anyway, I will be in the hamptons area for memorial weekend and have access to the gardiners bay. I would like to park myself next to the water all weekend and hopefully catch some fish for dinner. Anyone have any...
1-20 of 349 Results