Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-20 of 23 Results
  1. Georgia Stripers
    Lake Lanier Water temperature is 55 degrees and the lake is 6 feet below fool pool. We are still catching large Stripers like the one pictured. This one was 35lbs and 43 inches long and a fat 12 inches from top to bottom. Spring time on Lanier isn't about numbers, but it is about bigger fish...
  2. Georgia Stripers
    Striper fishing is very good. Its February and the water temperature is in the low 50's. I have never seen the lake water this warm in February. I have also never seen this much bait. There is plenty of bait 30 to 50 feet down over the river and creek channels. The river channel from Gainesville...
  3. Georgia Stripers
    Striper fishing is very good both in terms of size and numbers. Not much has changed in terms of technique. Find the large continuous strings of bait half way back in the creek channel and fish there. This has been the key for the last several weeks and will continue as long as the water...
  4. Georgia Stripers
    Striper fishing is very good. The fish are biting all day but the early morning bite has been best this week. The challenge continues to be finding the fish. They are scattered and it may take you a while to find them. There are still fish moving in and out of 2,4 and 6 mile creeks so you should...
  5. Georgia Stripers
    Not much has changed, Striper fishing is still very good. The fish are biting all day with the best bite starting mid morning. The challenge continues to be finding the fish. The exception seems to be 2, 4 and 6 mile creeks. The fish are there and so are the fisherman. The fish are holding tight...
  6. Georgia Stripers
    Striper fishing is very good. The morning bite has picked up this week and the fish are biting all day. The challenge has been finding the fish. Several days this week I have found fish in one creek only to go back the next day and there is no sign of a fish. The fish are moving and you have to...
  7. Georgia Stripers
    Striper fishing is good. Not a lot has changed this week. The weather continues to be the key. Storms, high winds and cold fronts continue to make fishing challenging. There is an early morning bite with some quality fish being caught. The numbers of fish being caught is improving and if the...
  8. Georgia Stripers
    Striper fishing is good. Not much has changed this week. The weather has been the key all week. We get on some good fish and a cold front will come through and mess up the fishing for a couple of days. There is an early morning bite on free line herring and planner boards pulled across points...
  9. Georgia Stripers
    The water is heating up and so is the striper fishing. Striper fishing is good and if the weather holds it should only improve. There is an early morning bite on free line herring pulled at 100 - 120 feet behind the board across points and flats. After about 9:00am and a bright sun, weight you...
  10. Georgia Stripers
    The striper fishing is improving but remains fair. This past week has been a mixed bag without a real pattern. We have caught fish on points, flats over 20ft. bottoms and over creek channels on 80ft. bottoms from one end of the creeks to the other. I have not seen any schools of stripers but...
  11. Georgia Stripers
    http://water.sam.usace.army.mil/acfframe.htm
  12. Georgia Stripers
    http://www.lakelanierstripers.com/reports/
  13. Georgia Stripers
    The date for this years Fun Fest has been set for August 14th. Stay tuned for more info, as we will be starting to accept participant applications in the next couple of weeks. This year there will be 60 boats in the tournament vs. 50 last year. Also, this year is lining up to be even better than...
  14. Georgia Stripers
    Hate to see all the flooding going on, I hope it subsides soon and the damage is repaired. I am from North Carolina, fish on a couple local lakes here trolling for stripers, and fish the NC Coast as well. I am coming to Alpharetta next week for a Rockwell Automation training class and wanted to...
  15. Sweetwater Fishing -Freshwater Stripers
    http://www.lanierstriperclub.com Nestled in the foothills of the Georgia Blue Ridge Mountains lies Lake Lanier, one of America's favorite lakes. Over 7.5 million people a year choose to visit Lanier. With over 692 miles of shoreline, the lake is well known for its aqua-blue colored water...
  16. Georgia Stripers
    http://www.lanierstriperclub.com Nestled in the foothills of the Georgia Blue Ridge Mountains lies Lake Lanier, one of America's favorite lakes. Over 7.5 million people a year choose to visit Lanier. With over 692 miles of shoreline, the lake is well known for its aqua-blue colored water...
  17. Georgia Stripers
    I'm headed to Lanier in a week for a fishing trip. Don't have a boat and will be on the southern end of the lake near the dam a majority of the time. Does anyone have any tips/tactics for catching stripers in this area, I figured the tailwaters of the buford dam would be a good place to start...
  18. Georgia Stripers
    Shane Watson Guide Serivce- Lake Lanier's Largest Guide Service Fishing for Stripers year round. www.lakelanierstripers.com 770-889-5549 or 770-235-9829 Ask for Capt. Mike Skibicki (Skip)
  19. Striper Guides & Charters
    Shane Watson Guide Serivce- Lake Lanier's Largest Guide Service Fishing for Stripers year round. www.lakelanierstripers.com 770-889-5549 or 770-235-9829 Ask for Capt. Mike Skibicki (Skip)
  20. Striper Guides & Charters
1-20 of 23 Results