Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-19 of 24 Results
  1. Alabama Stripers
    Wow. Looks like I'm the first to post here in some time. My name is Jon Grigsby and I recently moved to Smith Lake and have landed my first big stripe about a week ago. I was just north of Goat Island on a large flat east of the channel in about 30 feet. There were huge balls of shad being...
  2. Surfcasting Central
    Hey all, new member here, as a good gesture from the holidays im giving away an Rm Smith metal lip! Give me an im in if your in, drawing will be one week from now!:flyfish::flyfish:
  3. Oregon
    I went 17 miles up the smith on friday didnt see no fish i threw plugs until so dark i couldnt see the bank anymore with no results then had to find my way back to the boat landing, does anybody know a better way to fish up there? Live bait?
  4. Alabama Stripers
    topwater picking up the last two weeks with 20+lb fish being caught. down lines slow but draging a free line shad under a flote is awsome. try miller flats and burr island.:crosstheline:
  5. Virginia's Rivers, Lakes and Impoundments
    Hello to All, I am brand new to this forum. I came accross this site when googleing "how to catch stripers at Smith Mountain Lake." My buddies and I have rented a house at SML (accross from the dam) in mid May of this year. We go down once a year to fish and get away from the wives for a while...
  6. Virginia's Rivers, Lakes and Impoundments
    Hello to All, I am brand new to this forum. I came accross this site when googleing "how to catch stripers at Smith Mountain Lake." My buddies and I have rented a house at SML (accross from the dam) in mid May of this year. We go down once a year to fish and get away from the wives for a...
  7. New Member Introductions
    Hey there. I am a bass fisherman from way back and I live close to Smith Lake Alabama witch is known for it's stripers. And would love to chat with other Smith Lake Al fisherman.So I can catch stripers too.
  8. Alabama Stripers
    Does anyone know a good place to find shad at smith lake? I've brought some from g-ville and weiss, but by time I got there with them, they had lipstick.(small boat, small livewell/bait tank) I know that Speegles marina used to sell them. I dont know if they still do, or if they are still in...
  9. Sweetwater Fishing -Freshwater Stripers
    Effects of Striped Bass Stocking on Largemouth Bass and Spotted Bass in Lewis Smith Lake, Alabama Author(s) SHEPHERD Michael D. ; MACEINA Michael J. ; Abstract Introductions of striped bass Morone saxatilis into U.S. reservoirs have caused concern among anglers that target other species owing...
  10. Virginia's Rivers, Lakes and Impoundments
    Hi! I am going on a trip from cinci, oh to smith mountain lake in va. I would like any advice on the lake. Fish hot spots, bait to use, anything to watch out for. I'm experienced with striper fishing, i've fished cumberland, cherokee, and norris on regular basis for the past 5 or so years...
  11. Oregon
    Hi everyone, just found this site and was happy to find some of you are on the west coast too. I live in Oregon and like to fish the Umpqua and Smith, although I have yet to tie into a striper here. Hooked into one surf perch fishing in Bandon and lost him in the shore wash. Eager to learn...
  12. Virginia's Rivers, Lakes and Impoundments
    Smith Mountain Lake Striper-Fest Open Tournament Captain's Quarter's Marina, SML, VA. April 11, 2009 100% Pay-Out First and Second Place Guaranteed Team Tournament 2 Fish Weigh-In Big Fish Mystery Fish Door Prizes Contact: Capt. Dewayne Lamb 540-493-4810 Jody Hall 540-420-1519 email...
  13. Virginia's Rivers, Lakes and Impoundments
    Captain's Quarter's, SML Va. April 11, 2009 100% Pay-Out First and Second Place Guarantee 2 Fish Weigh-In Big Fish Pot Mystery Fish Door Prizes Raffles Team Tourney 100.00 Entry 25.00 Big fish Contact: Capt. Dewayne Lamb 540-493-4810 Jody Hall 540-420-1519 e-mail smlstriperfest@yahoo.com...
  14. Virginia's Rivers, Lakes and Impoundments
    Greetings to you all; I am retired, but still drive a school bus, just love the kids. Spare time I pursue Stripers, primarily at Lake Anna Va. and some times at Smith Mt. Lk., Va I have not been very succesful up tp this point. I am considering hiring a guide for Anna to get extra pointers...
  15. The Sports Bar
    Yankees' Smith dominant in Double-A Visit Rotoworld.com for more analysis on this update. More...
  16. The Sports Bar
    Mets' Smith goes two hitless innings Visit Rotoworld.com for more analysis on this update. More...
  17. Sweetwater Fishing -Freshwater Stripers
    I have scheduled the week of April 9th off work to striper fish. I can't decide where to go. I belive the opportunity for bigger fish is at Cumberland, but have some concern with the lake level: boat ramps, marinas, etc. Where woul you go???
  18. New York
    Anyone familiar with Smith Point, Long Island, N.Y? I don't have a 4 wheeler. Any good spots to park? Any suggestions as where to cast? Thanks, Sy
  19. Striper Guides & Charters
    http://stripefishingheadquarters.com/
1-19 of 24 Results