Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-20 of 48 Results
  1. Hudson River
    Though I ended my season a couple weeks ago, it's now official as today I cleaned up the boat and stored my gear. To say that this run was epic would be a complete understatement. I can't think of an outing that I didn't catch something. I was able to put each of my guests on fish. That's rare...
  2. Boaters Forum
    Hard to believe, but the Striper season officially opens in less then 2 weeks. The first 2 places to look for some Bass are the Oyster Creek Runoff and Graveling Point. Betting Graveling Point does not get active until April this year as the water is COLD!
  3. Upper Hudson River Striper Club
    -11 this morning and -33 with the windchill. Hard to believe it will be striper time in about 9 weeks! Can't wait.
  4. Upper Hudson River Striper Club
    Well, I think that at this point it is done for me on the Hudson. Since I seldom fish south of Coeymans I am not sure there is much of a run left (If I am wrong...please say so!) Not a great year, only caught two, bigger one about 35". If you were considering heading into the 'dacks...hope you...
  5. Vendor Spotlight! Great Deals for Members
    Winners Chosen in Pelagic Outfitters Drawing - Next Drawing at the End of August It is with great pleasure that we at Pelagic Outfitters announce the winners of our 1st of many web site give-away Give-Away. Our winners are: 1st Place:Minox BN 7x50 DC Nautical Binocular Travis B. of...
  6. Vendor Spotlight! Great Deals for Members
    Pelagic Outfitters End Of Year Display Reel Sale We are cleaning up the store and getting it back to "Day to Day" rather than "Holiday" mode. We are redoing the showcases and selling off some of the display products at reduced prices. There are a bunch of reels as well as some packages of Jigs...
  7. Hudson River
    Sorry to say, Good times no longer. alright.gif R.I.P. Here lies Charles Pt. Pier than China Pier & later known as Fleischmann Pier 1938 - 2012 Damn it City of Peekskill rebuild this pier !!!!
  8. Massachusetts
    With work and the wife ++++. This could be it for me. Heading down Falmoth way. Any chance for a little something? Sat. 17th.
  9. New York
    Just wondering, new to the site and just starting to learn my way around it . I see all differnt forums and locations just trying to see if there are members that fish the throggs neck area both sides are fine but I fish from the bronx and new rochelle to CT sides usually! I haven't seen to...
  10. Upper Hudson River Striper Club
    http://www.timesunion.com/default/article/Change-puts-freshwater-anglers-on-the-hook-1279371.php
  11. Hudson River
    http://www.timesunion.com/default/article/Change-puts-freshwater-anglers-on-the-hook-1279371.php Edit- TP thread copied - double postings - original thread in private forum
  12. Hudson River
    http://www.timesunion.com/default/article/Change-puts-freshwater-anglers-on-the-hook-1279371.php
  13. New York
  14. Hudson River
    ALBANY, N.Y. (AP) -- New York lawmakers and the Cuomo administration have reached an agreement to end the state's $10 annual saltwater fishing license and replace it with a free registry for the state's coastal waters. Stephen Liss, counsel to Assemblyman Robert Sweeney, says the three-way...
  15. Poaching in Maryland Virginia and North Carolina
    Coastal Conservation Association North Carolina seeks end to trawling By CCA / Newswire Thu, Feb 10, 2011 http://news.joincca.org/ PINE KNOLLS SHORES, NC - In response to a rash of massive striped bass kills along the coast, CCA North Carolina will request the NC Marine Fisheries Commission...
  16. New York
    looks like a lot of guys gave up already, on the bass... i went out 6.30 jigging and coverd a lot of water and ground --from drop-offs to open 45' of water working a buck tail and pork& a avajig......not 1 fish not even a blue----any 1 triing?----------confused.gif
  17. Shorebound - Surf Beginners
    I grew up fishing from a boat and in the past couple of years have been without access to a boat and unfortunately have gotten away from fishing. I want to start getting into some surf fishing. I live in Nassau County, Long Island and from the reading I've been doing I think the West End...
  18. Stripers 101 - The Beginners clinic.
    like from the shore? Any particular time of year? Once the water hits a certain temperature? I fish off of Virginia Beach and the Chesapeake BTW.
  19. Stripers Forever
    Stripers Forever Members, Here's the link: Stripers Forever 2009 Fishing Survey Brad Burns and George Watson PS : Ask your fishing friends to join SF at www.stripersforever.organd then to fill out the survey too. The bigger our sampling, the more credible the numbers are.
  20. Georgia Stripers
    Hate to see all the flooding going on, I hope it subsides soon and the damage is repaired. I am from North Carolina, fish on a couple local lakes here trolling for stripers, and fish the NC Coast as well. I am coming to Alpharetta next week for a Rockwell Automation training class and wanted to...
1-20 of 48 Results