Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-20 of 499 Results
  1. Saltwater Tackle Shop
    Does anyone use fish bites in various colors and scents? Are they similar and/or interchangeable with pork rind strips? How are you using them?
  2. Buy - Sell - Trade
    Selling a Humminbird fish finder transducer model # XNT-9-DI-T very good shape nothing wrong with it. I sold the unit but guy didn'tneed the transducer. I'm asking 60.00 free ship also. PM me or email me at bass4everjim@yahoo.com only if you're very interested. Thanks. Picture is...
  3. Buy - Sell - Trade
    Selling a Humminbird fish finder transducer model # XNT-9-DI-Tvery good shape nothing wrong with it. I sold the unit but guy didn'tneed the transducer. I'm asking 60.00 free ship also. PM me or email me at bass4everjim@yahoo.comonly if you're very interested. Thanks. Picture is attached. If...
  4. The Striper Forum
    Cape Cod bay is not the first place that comes to mind when you think of surfcasting, but as it turns out I was actually able to catch my PB striper. The fish is by no means a fish of a lifetime, but for me it certainly was pretty big. I'm going to leave a link to the video below, so feel...
  5. Hudson River
    Anyone seen a black bag with a Garmin Echo DV fish finder? Left Friday 5/12 at Sleightsburgh Park Boat Launch, in Kingston on the Rondout? Left on the cement wall at the Boat Launch.
  6. Trolling for Stripers
    I'm all ready to go just waiting not so patiently for fish to arrive in Hudson :sleepy1:
  7. The Striper Forum
    Hey guys. Trying to plan a trip to catch some big ones or atleast have a shot for some big ones. gonna have 2-3 other buddies with me and we are willling to go from rhode island to nj. Where do you guys think well have the best shot. Trying to find out where the big migrators will be... any...
  8. Massachusetts
    I went to the local marsh yesterday and fished the first few hours of the outgoing tide. I was with my brother and we caught all of our fish on swim shads. They were all shorts, but fun to catch, and assuring that the fish are there, and i actually know what I'm going? i caught three, my...
  9. Delaware River
    I want to catch my first striper on the Delaware river ive been trying for 5 years now to do it with no sucess...any captains locally here that launch outta Neshaminey area?Send PM thanks Rusty
  10. Surfcasting Central
    I am among the rest of you boatless anglers, whether by means or by choice. Over the years I have tried to make fishing from shore more efficient and ergonomic. When fishing freshwater, where most fish harvested are relatively small compared to a a keeper striper at a minimum of 28". As many...
  11. Hudson River
    :icon_wekke: any sightings of rants....when you see them the herring are very close by....comorants...:icon_smile:...just sayen....
  12. New York
    I live in Brooklyn Ny. I want to using lures incorporated into my fishing like buktails poppers and pencil poppers. I just want to where can I fish without needing an expensive permit or fish with out getting harassed by law enforcement. Is there any free spots in maybe rockaway ny or long island?
  13. Carolina Coast - Hatteras - OBX
    Could you help me with when the best time to fish in North Carolina for striped bass is and where in shore
  14. Hudson River
    Still want to go out fishing on the Hudson a few more times this summer. Any suggestions on what to fish for?? My area is between Croton and Poughkeepsie. I know it won't be the river monsters that we caught in May - but seeing my boat sit there waiting to be used - makes me want to go fishing.
  15. Hudson River
    With the new regulation this year, I'm thinking of using smaller herring and targeting the bass in the 18" to 28" (closer to 28") range rather than trying for the 40" plus fish. My thinking is I'd like to put some fish in the freezer rather than trying for trophy bass which is not as likely to...
  16. Albemarle Sound
    stripper are in the northern chowan river, probably closer to the gates ramp then cannon ferry. caught some today in about 4' of water surface temp was ~ 54F
  17. View From The Beach
    Do fish see the hooks hanging from our plugs? Many use fluorocarbon leaders for fear of their leader being seen, but what about the hooks hanging all off of the plugs we use? What do you think fish make of them? I'll tell you what I think but I'd appreciate hearing what you think first.happy3.gif
1-20 of 499 Results