Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-19 of 29 Results
  1. Bait & Tackle Shops
    Can anybody please help me out and guide me on how can I hook a live minnow without killing it, I have tried out but either the minnow slips from my hand or sadly 4 minnows died, as using live minnow is quite effective to catch large fish I have heard a lot about this technique. I have tried to...
  2. Buy - Sell - Trade
    Selling 16 bags of plastics. All in good shape nothing wrongwith them. If you're interested email me at bass4everjim@yahoo.com or Pmme. Sometimes I don't get the PM. I'm asking $45.00 for all 16 bags. They are: V&M Wild Thang Cliffs wild craw Bloody Craw-5 in a bag Alabamacraw- 5 in a bag Delta...
  3. Buy - Sell - Trade
    Selling this lot together. Asking 45.00 and free ship. Me email is bass4everjim@yahoo.com or PM me thanks. Zoom Finess worms 5" Smoke Mustard red 17 in bag Green Pumpkin/red 14 in bag Yum Mighty bug 3" Black/blue shadow 11 in bag GreenPumkin red 5 in bag Yum Mud Minnow shad 4"...
  4. The Striper Forum
    Read the Blog post about them HERE! July 16, 2015 by Craig Ritchie...
  5. The Striper Forum
    Yeah I know, Whats he talking about? well here it is, I"ve heard of a few people talk about it , and the general thought was that-no, no way, the stripers just gonna mangle them up, and that's true. First off most spinner baits are made for bass,pike etc.. Big ones are 1/2oz. to 1oz. and are...
  6. DelMarVA
    OK guys, i am going to Virginia Beach soon to go after some stripers for the first time. I will either be fishing from a pier or from the surf. I am wondering what would be the best time for me to go and what type of bait would you recommend? Thank you for your help
  7. New Jersey
    With a dozen blood worms going for $15 and more. I have been toying with using gulp blood worms a 18.2 oz tub goes for $20. how many is that ????????? I read the reviews about them with a Google search BUT has anyone here ever used them. I may pop for the 20 and give it a try. my plan is to...
  8. The Striper Forum
    Does anyone have experience fishing Storm swim baits? I've been using the 4" pearl colored swim shads in the Hudson this fall and had a fair amount of success with schoolie size fish (14" up to a 30"). I'm wondering though whether the larger size swim baits, say 6" plus, work in the Spring...
  9. Trolling for Stripers
    I read about one person who sets up a rig for two baits/lures on the same line. The basic setup is to have a 3-way swivel. On one line you have your deep bait. You put a 15' to 20' leader with a heavier torpedo weight. On the other line, you have another 15' to 20' leader with your shallower...
  10. The Striper Forum
    I know …. I'm just getting antsy J I am trying to track down info on early spring baits for the tidal rivers in LIS central (New Haven / Milford). I found some nice water this fall and would like to return in the spring (as early as possible J ). I have found a nice link so I can...
  11. Rhode Island Fishing
    Hey guys, have been surf fishing for about a two years now. Was wondering if anyone would be willing to share what they use for bait during the month of may and beginning of june before the water starts to warm up. I have done a lot of fishing out of wellfleet and our main lure choice was...
  12. Saltwater Tackle Shop
    either you lovem or hatem "especially when blue fish are around" so whats up for 2009 usa2.gif usa2.gif
  13. The Striper Forum
    soft baits Storm wildeye/ when herring are the bait striper magnets/when squid and sand eels are the bait black sluggos/ when eels are the bait hard baits Zara spooks/ top water bait Black bomber/ subsurface bait Man's countdown/ deep water swimmer whats your pleasure just killen...
  14. Sweetwater Fishing -Freshwater Stripers
    I've used 7'' surface baits with propellers fore and aft on the Amazon for Peacock bass--it's the only technique used--you rip it hard and it sends a 5 foot spray that drives the Peacock bass nuts--anyone have experience with these top props for stripers? Many thanks--
  15. Sweetwater Fishing -Freshwater Stripers
    Prop Baits & Windy Stripers Next time when you are faced with some WINDY conditions, tie on a prop bait; you know, the lures with the little metal airplane props on them. I hardly ever see much mentioned about them and they are one of my favorites to throw when I'm faced with a good chop on...
  16. The Striper Forum
    I have been getting alot of action fishing the ponds and lakes near my home using buzz baits. My question is, has anybody out there tried buzz baits for line-siders? If so, what colors are best? I have black, red, white and silver, and white.
  17. Massachusetts
    went down to the river for the first time this year, there's still a little ice on some parts of the shore, but there was surprising amount of forage. a few more good weeks and we may start seeing them... Didn't get a great look but there was definitely a school and I could have sworn I saw a...
  18. Sweetwater Fishing -Freshwater Stripers
    Prop Baits & Freshwater Stripers Next time when you are faced with some WINDY conditions, 'tie on a prop bait (larger the better). You know, 'the lures with the little metal airplane props on them. I hardly ever see anything mentioned on them and they are one of my favorites to throw when I'm...
  19. The Striper Forum
    Zim I went out tonight and the blues were so thick they even destroyed the bunker heads. We were snagging bunker and the were getting chopped up before we could get em to half sheds boat. I never seen em take the heads like that before. They destroyed everything even the bunker spoon i was...
1-19 of 29 Results