Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-20 of 22 Results
  1. Saltwater Tackle Shop
    Hi guys. I was wondering if anyone knows if these reels have the auto clutch engage feature. Also, does anyone have any personal experience or tips with/for these reels? I'm thinking about getting one for my son for striped bass fishing.
  2. Reels and Reel Maintenance
    So guys I have been an Abu guy for a long time. Love their reels. I set the baitclickers (line out alarms) while drifting, and trolling. The reels up to this year had stainless steel clickers. They were loud, had good resistance, and work flawlessly. Got a couple new ones last week.The new...
  3. Rods And Custom Rod Building
    I love these reels from catfish to striper. Beautifully crafted. I just bought three combos. The ambassadeur rods that came with them are Med-Heavy, 7'ers. Has anyone had experience with these rods with striper? The rods seem super stiff to me.
  4. The Striper Forum
    I wondered if anyone has an opinion on this reel. I'm thinking of buying a couple to use for cut bait fishing. I wanted something that casts out good, has a loud clicker (in case I'm asleep), and can handle a big striper. Thanks for your help. Rick - team Striper Dogs Pennsylvania Striped Bass...
  5. Stripers 101 - The Beginners clinic.
    i curently have an 8 foot ugly stik but can only cast about 100 yards with it. id like to get something 10 feet long but i need help picking one out. my reel has 40lb braid and i want to use mackerel with it. also, can you exceed the line and bait capacity ratings and still be able to cast well?
  6. Reels and Reel Maintenance
    does anyone on here know how to adjust the spool control on this reel? there are 2 knobs for adjustment. can you just use one or the other or are you supposed to balance them out?
  7. Reels and Reel Maintenance
    Hi all, I was hoping someone has experience with this reel. I picked this reel up a few weeks ago for fluke and seabass fishing off a boat. I have used the reel 3 times and caught about 20 fish, and only 2 keeper sea bass. So the reel has not been put to heavy use at all. I notice that when I...
  8. Stripers 101 - The Beginners clinic.
    Another member from this site recommended this reel to me for surf and pier fishing. Does anyone know what would be a good rod length for this reel..(I'd like to keep it around 8-9 ft) and what pound braid can it handle? I'd like to use this setup for chunking macs and jigging. Any advice would...
  9. Reels and Reel Maintenance
    I just came across what appears to be a new, never fished Garcia Mitchell 306 with a bail, no box or paper. I found it in a furniture consignment shop of all places. $15. I don't anything about them. Any thoughts? Thanks.
  10. Buy - Sell - Trade
    I have a New in the Box Cardinal 806i 11 bearings smooth. $100.00 includes Free Shipping in the US including APO/FPO. Payment by Postal Money Order only. See Pics Thanks. Shipping from Central Iowa.
  11. Surfcasting Central
    was thinking of buying this for myself as an x mas gift to put on my chuncking rod. any body have any exp with this reel before i buy it. its hard to find a left hand conv retrive. thanks for any help
  12. The Striper Forum
    These guys have some nice Abu's for sale http://hatterasoutfitters.com/
  13. Reels and Reel Maintenance
    trying to figure out how to take the star drag and handle off my 6500 synchro. Know how to do it on the 6500c3 but don't want to horse the synchro version and break it. Help, my email is deantre@hotmail.com
  14. Reels and Reel Maintenance
    I picked up a Abu Garcia 6600CB from Cabela's and finally got to try it today. This is my first baitcasting type reel and I wasn't sure how things were going to work out. I have it loaded up with 30 pound Stealth. This thing is great. I was afraid of the birdsnest occurring so I was taking...
  15. Tackle Evaluation & Product review
    I picked up an old reel at a yard sale $1 it is marked Garcia Mitchell 306 anybody know anything about them? signed Goog
  16. Reels and Reel Maintenance
    ive had an old reel for a year now sitting in a bucket in pieces..the side plate on the left/crank side reads...garcia mitchell 350....under that is what looks like a date or maybe gear ratio.....its stamped just like this...5/1....the right hand side plate says made in france along the...
  17. The Sports Bar
    Mets-Phillies postponed due to rain Visit Rotoworld.com for more analysis on this update. More...
  18. Reels and Reel Maintenance
    I picked up a 6500 C3 last weekend. Loaded it up with 20# fireline (with a little mono backing of course) and tossed a 1oz bank sinker a few times this morning to try it out. First impression, not a bad little casting reel. The bait clicker seems a little flimsy, but other than that it feels...
  19. Tackle Evaluation & Product review
    Looking at adding one of these or something similar to my arsenal for this spring. What's the scoop on these,,, quality? castability? Good value @ $70? Looking to put together a nice casting setup for plugging/jigging from a kayak this spring. Weight of the reel is about 10 oz. Given the...
  20. Reference Library
    Here is the reel story of the legendary classic French-Made Mitchell-Garcia Mitchell open faced spinning reel that would introduce spin fishing to millions of people. The Mitchell spinning reel which would become the Mitchell 300/ Garcia-Mitchell 300 was manufactured in France by a company known...
1-20 of 22 Results