Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-18 of 47 Results
  1. Vendor Spotlight! Great Deals for Members
    We dug through this month's Kickstarter projects and cherry picked some of our personal favorites in the Outdoor/Exploration/EDC/Gear space. Enjoy! https://www.wiseguide.com/outdoors/kickstarter-outdoor-gear-indiegogo/
  2. Massachusetts
    I have been fishing Plum island about a decade and I have always been a weight and bait fisherman. Due to a terrible year last year; I decided to upgrade my gear and strictly fish plugs and eels. Are there any recommendations for plugs for the river, beach front, jetty , reserve? I had success...
  3. The Striper Forum
    with 2014 winding down for me time to list my top lures "sorry about the massive picture" for 2014 what makes your short list here is my top 3 with bio edge for a little help
  4. Surfcasting Central
    With the Striper season in NY fast approaching, I wanted to get some opinions in on which lures may work early in the season. I know that using clams or bloodworms is a preferred method early in the Spring but I prefer scouting out an area with a lure Also, I'm thinking about using some...
  5. Plugs and Plug Building
    Hello Eveyone, Started making plug and lure for a year. Had my fair share of lure failures. Found this web site, man what a wealth of informatoin on plug/lures. Just wondering what everyone favorite colors are ?
  6. Saltwater Species
    Getting the warm clothes out and getting ready for some cod action. What is your favorite charter boat and/or captain and why? Montauk, Shinnecock, Captree, Freeport, doesn't matter. I'm ready to try some other boats this year and could use a recommendation or 2.
  7. Bait & Tackle Shops
    What are your favorite tackle shops in the Nassau County, Long Island area?
  8. The Striper Forum
    with all the sand eels this year how do ya plan on matching the sand eels in your waters???????????
  9. Surfcasting Central
    Considering that it is fairlyearly in the season. And that the prevalent bait around is the Herring. What is your favorite go to bait for MA. area?. Specifically the South Shore and Cape area. Just wondering what all the true die hard veterans have to say.
  10. Hudson River
    Just sitting waiting for the water to warm up and get fishing. It's been a long winter and I'm a l bored to say the least! Though I 'd start a new thread. A few years ago a buddy of mine hooked me up with a rapala f18 vampire off of a blue and white fly (18-20" back). Seems to work well in...
  11. The Striper Forum
    What is your favorite teaser? Simple bucktail, saddle hackles, red gills, fin-S minnows, surgical tube, or SW fly? How much distance between the teaser and the plug? Thanks
  12. The Striper Forum
    well, theres little in the way of saltwater fishing in the northeast right now(except for codfishing/blackfishing) so i was wondering whats your favorite fishing or hunting show to visit??? mine is a show coming up in rockland community college (suffern, ny) theres also a couple of good...
  13. The Striper Forum
    whats your favorite topwater lure for stripers? is it for fresh or salt water? what we throw out west in the river systems is a lunker punker
  14. Boating Beginners
    Im looking at jigging spoons but do not know what weight to get. Any advice on popular spoons?
  15. Sweetwater Fishing -Freshwater Stripers
    I love to live bait for fresh water stripers. Would like to learn any special tips and lure presentations fro those who catch stripes trolling. only caught a couple this way. Any help will be appreciated. Ed (Bricklayer)
  16. Surfcasting Central
    What is your favorite soft bait producing the most results off the jetties and surf.
  17. Hunting / Game
    gun,bow ,smoke pole i like it all everything from a duck to a buck what do you like
1-18 of 47 Results