Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-20 of 76 Results
  1. Hudson River
    Got the old party barge out on Round Lake last Sunday and she's running great. Going to be launching out of Albany on Sunday 5/5. My brother and I will be fishing between the port and Troy. I will be giving a report on how it goes thereafter. If you see a big ugly suntracker pontoon boat out...
  2. Maine
    Finally got a good size keeper today. Had to be 30-35 inches. Damn thing got away at the last second. Immediately went out and bought a net so it doesnt happen again!
  3. The Striper Forum
    went out last night on the beach. pretty slow, but I finally landed a keeper. I'm gonna take the clam out this weekend to the annisquam/gloucester/ipswich, Mom and the kids can't do the sea very well, any advise for those areas? like bait, tides, or what color rabbits foot?
  4. New Member Introductions
    Hey folks, I've been browsing through this site for years and finally decided I should join! I'm a 29 year old surfcaster from Northern New Jersey however I fish the entire Jersey coast as well as above and below our boarders. I've been a fisherman my entire life, I started out freshwater and...
  5. Kayaking Stripers
    Long time forum looker, infrequent poster. This site has helped me tremendously-Through the down days....I had to share, my family and friends think I'm nuts. I had to give up my 21 ft'er when I was out of work..Fished from shore and eventually got a Folding yak to get me "off-shore" a bit. I...
  6. Hudson River
    this weekend ive seen fish being landed. i went out this morning, hooked on to one nice fish, but aboyt 20yards offshore, hook was spit outshake.gif, o well, wut can i do . Also had another taker, as soon as i casted, i put the rod in the holder, before i took 3 steps my pole was down and...
  7. Striped Bass Fishery Conservation/Politics/News
    ASMFC takes first steps to rebuild menhaden forage base ALEXANDRIA, VA - For the first time ever, the Atlantic States Marine Fisheries Commission took steps to rein in the industrial harvest of menhaden and begin the process of managing the menhaden fishery. If adopted, the measures proposed...
  8. Surfcasting Central
    I have been try for 3 weeks in NOMOCO for a striped bass of size or bluefish (I am the only one I know that has trouble hooking blues) This morning I finally got a 30" 9.2# Striper. I admit that I did the happy dance... This is my first fish from the surf and it is thrilling!
  9. Sweetwater Fishing -Freshwater Stripers
    Caught my first legal striper at Raystown yesterday. 8-9#'er threw a smaller fish back. Lost a NICE FISH, just got off EERRGH!. That is fishing. Post pics when my wife returns from the fair. Good day.
  10. Massachusetts
    So I went out at 4 am Wed. morning and man were the birds out and the water looked like it was bubbling!!! Every 10-20 minutes they were hitting the surface. I landed my 1st striper. prob 25-26" practically jumped in the boat as they were busting the surface everywhere. I thank everyone here for...
  11. Maine
    Managed to pick up a couple of Macs and live line them this AM. One was sucked up by a nice fat 32" fish, first one of the season for me, the ice is broken, I'll be back at it n the AM.
  12. Hudson River
    got a 28inch, 9# .wasnt big, but beggers cant be choosers. felt good to actually have a good hit. hopefully ill land a nice one before next week, cuz shore fishing here is almost over cuz of the water chestnuts and pollen in the water messing up ur line and reels
  13. Kayaking Stripers
    Ocean Kayak Trident Prowler 13 for $699.:yay: I plan on taking it out this Sunday. I do have a question about when you catch a fish. What do you do with it? Just toss it in the cooler? I've seen people string them on the side and leave it in the water. Do you kill them first or string them...
  14. New York
    went out today in the afternoon around 3, its was low tide an the weather was rainy. a bit cloudy an over cast. i had just read an article about how stripers like rainy over cast days. bear in mind i haven't had any luck for the past week or so.So i been itching to catch something. so today...
  15. Upper Hudson River Striper Club
    It's been so nice out i had to go out during my lunch today and see if there was bait ... didn't take but a min and these showed up :bluegrin: Good followers too. Why is it sometimes when i'm heading out fishing they get hard to find. Yet during a 10min check when i have to go back to work...
  16. Hudson River
    Just casted a few mins ago. Real windy down here
  17. Surfcasting Central
    I finally began to start catching bass on lures. After getting into it serious. And not just going and throwing bait i am finally beginning to catch bass. Montauk was my first. and the last 2 times i went to the beach ive caught bass on my lure rod. For once im not the person watching the...
  18. Shorebound - Surf Beginners
    Just a word of thanks. It's been well over 25 years since I last fished the surf. Broke the ice last week with one short landed, one missed and dropped another in the breakers. I'm having a ball. Thanks for all the help. Thanks, Tom
  19. Maine
    It's about time I got out of my funk of not catching any fish lately. I don't even know how long it'd been, but too damn long for me I tell ya that much. Managed a good-sized, 25" that put up a good fight off Scarborough Beach this afternoon about 5 minutes after wet. Felt damn good to shake off...
  20. Cape Cod Canal
    So due to hangovers and family cookouts i wasnt able to hit the ditch until monday morning, and we killed it, i personally got three fish over 30 inches keeping a 38" 16lber for eats. Guys to my left and right were pulling mid 40"'s and it my first blitz expierence, at least what i think was a...
1-20 of 76 Results