Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-20 of 63 Results
  1. California Aqueduct
    I hope this can help some of you striper fisherman fishing at the Aqueducts. I've been using a planar board to troll the aqueduct lately with alot of sucess. It's a great way to catch fish in the winter time and when the bite has shut off. You can cover alot of water this way and find the...
  2. The Striper Forum
    heres a little clip of how are trip went,
  3. The Striper Forum
    Topwater action going on at the aqueduct.
  4. California Aqueduct
    im new to the California aqueduct but where i came from and where i fish from in the delta blue gill was legal as long as you didn't transport them but does anybody know if blue gill are legal to use at the duct? im going fishing tomorrow i kinda wanted to know for my own sake dont want to get cited
  5. New Member Introductions
    Retired CDF wildland crewcaptain, age 64 who lives in Merced California and fishes the California Delta system and San Luis Reserviour. 20ft Duckworth, 150 hp Yamaha and 9.6 Kicker Yamaha plus 4 electric Cannon downriggers. Chase salmon when the season is open also. Kent
  6. California Aqueduct
    Hit the duct last night with my buddy Mikey, flows were very minimal. Fished a few spots for nothing… Our 3rd stop produced 1 short strike for Mikey but no hookup : ( We fished on.. We fished HARD,,, We fished DEEP ! The…just as we were unsuspecting…. THUNK~ HOOK~uP (and...
  7. The Striper Forum
    I see a lot of people talking about fishing the Calif Duct and I just wanted to say I have fished it with my brother for over 30 years now and yes it does take time to learn to fish it but there a lot of wonderful Stripers and Catfish in it. We prefer catching stripers but sometimes the Cats...
  8. New Member Introductions
    Hi, My name is Tom Sanders, I live in Brentwood California. I Retired two years ago, because of a broken back. I try to hunt and fish as much as possable. I just turned 64 years old last week, and my wonderfull wife got me a yellow lab puppy for my birthday. I have two sons, and a daughter, and...
  9. New Member Introductions
    Hello everyone, new to Striper fishing so any advise offered is graciously excepted and appreciated.
  10. California Aqueduct
    confused.gifwe just moved to Lemoore next to the Lemoore Naval air station area & we were told that we can fish the aqueduct in kettleman city or huron & was wandering how exactly do we get to the huron aqueduct fishing site is their any rules to fish the aqueduct as far as entering into the...
  11. California Aqueduct
    Does anyone know when the Aqueduct Gates are going to slow down its been wide open.
  12. New Member Introductions
    Although we don't have a saltwater Striper population and our freshwater size doesn't compare to that in East, I am still proud to say that Stripers are my favorite fish! Don't misunderstand me, though, if it swims I'll try to catch it :bluegrin: About me- -Fishing for 30 years -Enjoy catching...
  13. California - Lakes, Rivers, Bay and Delta
    Suit blames striped bass for California salmon decline Striped bass is a high-value recreational fishery. A lot of people like them," said Bill Jennings, executive director of the California Sportfishing Protection Alliance, which intervened in the lawsuit on the state's behalf. "The lawsuit...
  14. Striped Bass Fishery Conservation/Politics/News
    Defeat of Water Package Shows Power of the Grassroots by Dan Bacher Link Sunday Sep 13th, 2009 9:04 AM Defeat of Water Package Shows Power of the Grassroots by Dan Bacher The defeat of both the water policy bill and $11.8 billion water bond on Friday, September 11 was a clear victory by...
  15. The Striper Forum
    California Aquaduct Outside of Taft Any out there fish in this area? I would like to hear from you as I can't seems to figure the Striper out around there.
  16. California Aqueduct
    I would like to know how late into the night can you fish at the aqueduct? What is the best time to fish stripers and also catfish. also does any one have directions to the Palmdale area or Bakersfield/ Taft locations My close freeways are 91, 605 and the 5 :thu:
  17. California - Lakes, Rivers, Bay and Delta
    found out that there is a new lake record for stripe bass at Millerton in California weighing in at 62.75 pounds. Don't know if it has been confirmed yet or not but I saw the picture at Rods n guns in Clovis and the guys there weren't too happy, knowing that it was caught off the bank....
  18. Striped Bass Fishery Conservation/Politics/News
    The Jean Fuller (R) bill to iradicate all stripers was defeated today, when they realized the over whelming opposition to this bill..She represents the Grower who demand more & More water each year...They figured by eliminating the opposition ( Fisherman) who fight the water wars in court...
  19. Sweetwater Fishing -Freshwater Stripers
    For some reason I lost the link to this forum but we have been busy fishing freshwater stripers in lakes like Diamond valley and Silverwood some fish caught trolling small swimbaits and other tossing bigger siwmbaits, my last one was on 4-4-09, a 24 pounder at 10:30 am! is rare that it nailed...
1-20 of 63 Results