Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-20 of 36 Results
  1. New Member Introductions
    Wanted to say hi .First,Im a freshwater hunter primarily.Looking to expand my fishing passion ,so i fished the surf at sandy hook then cast live bait in ny waters from a relatives boat.Stripers could be my new focus,so here i am to learn all I can.
  2. California Aqueduct
    I'm starting to get into striper fishing more but the winter, cold, and rain is soon on its way.... Is it still good fishing in the winter?? Whats good to use..jerkbaits swimbaits jigs??
  3. Arkansas
    Hey guys, new to the sight but grew up fishing for stripers in NJ. Been in the Kansas City area about 8 years and discovered Beaver Lake about 3 years ago and have been making trips back yearly. I recently heard that the bite a Norfolk is just as good if not better so I'm looking for a guide...
  4. California Aqueduct
    im new to the California aqueduct but where i came from and where i fish from in the delta blue gill was legal as long as you didn't transport them but does anybody know if blue gill are legal to use at the duct? im going fishing tomorrow i kinda wanted to know for my own sake dont want to get cited
  5. New Member Introductions
    Hello, everyone. I thought it was time to join this interesting group of striper fisherman and fisherwomen (hey, my wife and daughter fish quite a bit so can't leave them out). A little about myself. I've lived here in Lemoore, CA. for the past 16 years and retired from the US Navy back in...
  6. Arkansas
    Does anyone have any experience with the following trolling setup? A 15-35ft diving crankbait, front treble removed. A 1oz Jig with a plastic tied onto 3-4ft of line, tied to the eyelet that the treble was removed from. I've heard good stories about this. I'm trying to start trolling for...
  7. Stripers on the Fly
    I am new to the web site and kinda new to fly fishing for stripers. I just got my drivers license and can't wait to be able to fly fish the surf whenever I want. So if you could just let me know where to go and what to look for I would greatly appreciate it. :flyfish...
  8. Alabama Stripers
    Anyone home? I had forgot i even joined here a couple of years ago but I recently stumbled back across this site and decided to throw up a post to see if anyone was around. It would be nice to talk to other people from around the state to trade fishing reports and what not. My name is rick and i...
  9. New Member Introductions
    Hello everyone! Hailing from Whitehouse, NJ, I'm a 24 year old water dweller (haha) starting my quest to catch (and probably eat!) some stripers! Excited to be a part of the S247 community, and looking forward to learning...and learning...and learning! Although I'm new to the forum here, I am...
  10. New Member Introductions
    Lifelong fisherman - never fished for Stripers - ever. Went to Raystown Lake last week and had a great time. Need to learn how to fish for those beasts !!
  11. New Member Introductions
    Hi, I fish in the finger lakes, lake ontario, and in the 1000 islands mostly. I travel to coastal cities several times a year and want to start surf fishing. I just purchased two albright 4-piece travel rods that need to be paired up with reels. I noticed that the tip guides are noticeably...
  12. California Aqueduct
    confused.gifwe just moved to Lemoore next to the Lemoore Naval air station area & we were told that we can fish the aqueduct in kettleman city or huron & was wandering how exactly do we get to the huron aqueduct fishing site is their any rules to fish the aqueduct as far as entering into the...
  13. New Member Introductions
    Hey everyone just thought I would introduce myself. My first year fishing for stripers and it sure is fun! Of course I had a great person to show me the ropes. I am from central NY(utica area) and I fish the upper hudson. I used to be an avid salmon fisherman but the DEC ruined all of that with...
  14. Ohio Stripers and Wipers
    My first of the year, caught May 1st., between the rains (high water). R got into em' again yesterday...only took one pic, was busy....! all were 18-20", plumpest was 4 1/2# on the Boga.!
  15. New Jersey
    Whats up fellow striper fishermen. I live in carteret new jersey witch is located in central jersey. There is a nice fishing pier in my town in witch i have landed 6 hogs last spring run but this was days of fishing. I love fishing for stripers like you couldnt believe. Im looking for a good...
  16. New Member Introductions
    40 something female, looking to learn something about this awesome fish. I dont have a boat, and will not afford one until 2013 or so. Right now, i just want to know if its possible to fish from the creek banks and still enjoy this sport. Reputable guide services from this area are more than...
  17. New Member Introductions
    :sign4:Just wanna say hello to everybody, A great website.!!! A+ P.S Going out tomorrow to check out the shoreline action!
  18. Oklahoma Stripers and Wipers
    Curious if anyone knows of some good locations in Central Arkansas to net good sized Gizzard shad? I've heard the tailwaters of the Arkansas River below the dam in Little Rock is a good area, any idea where abouts? Or any other less difficult to naivigate locations? Better yet, does anyone know...
  19. Arkansas
    Curious if anyone knows of some good locations in Central Arkansas to net good sized Gizzard shad? I've heard the tailwaters of the Arkansas River below the dam in Little Rock is a good area, any idea where abouts? Or any other less difficult to naivigate locations? Better yet, does anyone know...
  20. New Member Introductions
    Hey everyone. I'm new to these things but I really want to get Info and good tips from everyone to actually catch more fish please lol. I fish so much and don't produce. Thank you and I'm glad to be on.
1-20 of 36 Results