Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-20 of 41 Results
  1. Stripers 101 - The Beginners clinic.
    I'm new to live lining Eels. I have a Penn Power stick PC3811-Med action, 7', 3/4-3 oz line wt 15-40.Reel is a Penn squider 140. Would this be a good combo for casting Eel's at inlets. Mainly Indian river inlet in Delaware. What # test mono would you use, I'm not into braid. I'll be fishing from...
  2. The Striper Forum
    Guys, I built a small eel bucket that works very well. I though I'd post it in case anyone else needs something similar. It's attached. TomB
  3. Surfcasting Central
    Hey guys Any thoughts about using Berkley Gulp Saltwater Eel when surfcasting? Which sinker do you recommend using with that? Thanks
  4. The Striper Forum
    Hi everyone, I just bought some stuff that is supposed to smell like eel and you put on your lure and it attracts the fish. Has anyone used it before? Thanks
  5. The Striper Forum
    Hello I'm seeking tips for eel trapping. I'm in Dutchess County, NY and went to a few local baitshops to buy live eels to use for striper fishing but the baitshops said new regulations don't allow them to carry them. I've caught them on hooks before, but those are usually too big to keep for...
  6. The Striper Forum
    with all the sand eels this year how do ya plan on matching the sand eels in your waters???????????
  7. Shorebound - Surf Beginners
    Is it possible to be night fishing from shore with eels too early in the season? Does the cold water temp or the fact the bass are in the rivers feeding on bait fish have an impact on eels effectiveness? Getting into my first real season of striper fishing. I am heading our Friday night for a...
  8. Buy - Sell - Trade
    I have 6 packages of Berkley 10" saltwater Power Eels - 2 per pack. All brand new, in the box. See photos. Colors: Black (5), and Rootbeer Gold (1). Retail price per pack is $9.99. I'd like $6.50 per pack, to your door. Please let me know if you're interested, and how many of each color you'd...
  9. Buy - Sell - Trade
    I have 4 packages of Berkley 12" saltwater Power Eels - 2 per pack. All brand new, in the box. See photos. Colors: Pearl Olive Shad (1), Black (3). Retail price per pack is $9.99. I'd like $6.50 per pack, to your door. Please let me know if you're interested, and how many of each color...
  10. Step By Step Plug Making Tutorials
    This is a Pinkney inspired sand eel swimmer, although I have never seen one in person, a few years ago I came up with a need for a sand eel sized ( it also imitates spike mackerel) swimmer.. after a few design changes ( my drawing does not reflect these changes) i came up with a light, slim...
  11. Shorebound - Surf Beginners
    Hey guys, I am very much new to surfcasting. Me and a co-worker who are equally inexperienced in salt water fishing in general are planning on catching dusk on Friday night in hopes of finding some stripers. The plan is to use live eels. My question is what is the best way to rig these to not...
  12. Hudson River
    I was wondering if anyone can help me out? can you transport and use eel on the river? Do you think it is a good choice for bait?
  13. The Striper Forum
    Has anyone read any recent articles on the proliferation of the sand lance from Maine to Florida on the east coast. Some are saying that it may be due to the declining numbers of their main predator - mackeral and to a lesser extent, herring. Just wondering if any one can cite any recent...
  14. Shorebound - Surf Beginners
    Would eel chunk work good? It sucks catching them but maybe I could get something positive out of them!
  15. Boaters Forum
    JUST GOT THIS what do i connect to the tin a swivel with a clip or just tie it with a knot right on the metal? how fast do i troll it? 11 inch eel 2oz
  16. Saltwater Tackle Shop
    Anyone ever Fish These? and are they Worth the effort?
  17. The Striper Forum
    So I was bridge fishing last night with Herring using a rig with a slide bank sinker. I felt a tug and ended up snagging an eel. I kept the eel and cut it up to try using for bait (Figured, can't hurt). I didn't feel any action on it, but then again, I didn't feel much action with the herring...
  18. Massachusetts
    I love surf cast fishing with my friends from 24/7. But I am more at home on a boat with a hook and an eel. The continuing adventures of Captain Dan and Coalman. I have been looking forward to this trip. It was a year ago Dan put his 2 personal best (PB) 35 pound striped bass in his boat. Our...
  19. The Striper Forum
    my friend says that the rigged 9 inch sluggo will outfish a live eel any night on the beach. any truth to this?
  20. Buy - Sell - Trade
    looking for an eel trap in the monmouth county nj area
1-20 of 41 Results