Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-19 of 500 Results
  1. Upper Hudson River Striper Club
    Figured I'd start a thread for the 2021 seaseon
  2. Hudson River
    Striper Swipers - Westchester County On March 11, ECOs Tompkins, Thibodeau, and Franz conducted a plainclothes fishing detail focused on anglers taking out-of-season striped bass. The Officers patrolled George's Island Park in the town of Cortlandt and Croton Landing Park in the village of...
  3. Hudson River
    I guess i will start this thread until the admins make a sticky.. Got a report today that the bite in Croton was very good.....couldnt keep lines in the water...all 18-28" fish. So the locals have mobilized and startied heading up. Yes....they are not in season yet.
  4. Hudson River
    Hello All, I am looking to dock my boat for the striper season this year and looking for which marinas are open for striper season docking on or near the Roundout Creek/Kingston. Thanks.
  5. The Striper Forum
    Hi guys, Im generally a trout fisherman. Based in NYC and fish up in the Catskills. Recently spoke to a fisherman telling me about how all the fisherman go upstate in October for a big striper run. I think he said maybe Groton or Croton, New York? Is anyone know more about this? Im interested to...
  6. Hudson River
    Got an email from the DEC with the survey report for 2019, I will try and post it here right now..... nope, don't work, sorry. Gotta fill out your booklets and send them in.
  7. Hudson River
    ** SHOW EM' IF YA GOT EM' ** Post any 2020 Striper Reports and photos here. Hope to see a bunch of HAWGS. Feel free to include county or general area, No need to give up specific spots or honey holes. Please try and limit it to just reports & congrats. Thanks and good luck all !
  8. Hudson River
    Once again Marlboro Yacht Club will have slips available for the striper season. They will be available approximately 4-15 (or sooner weather pending) until the Friday before Memorial Day May 22nd. Private message me and I'll email an application.
  9. Hudson River
    New for the Hudson ...... you can only keep Striper within a slot of 18 - <28". All others must be released. New Ocean regs are 28-35". It amazes me that the ones we are trying to protect in the Hudson are the targets in the Ocean. It makes no sense because these smaller fish are the easiest...
  10. Hudson River
    So as I have been patiently waiting to get out and go fishing i've been reading all types of articles on stripers, and what I found was a lil depressing. Not gonna make this post long and drawn but it looks like the numbers are down and the powers that be are looking to further the regulations...
  11. Hudson River
    https://www.dec.ny.gov/outdoor/7894.html?fbclid=IwAR2fmFycp5RQjiBTVX3Yu7MRV77hVywJZSNaYLCgkeofsCS-3J66o58Aypc Please note the opening dates for fishing......April 1 N of the GW bridge.
  12. Hudson River
    Spring striper slips are available at the Marlboro Yacht Club. The term runs from docks in (approx. 4/13 or sooner weather pending) to May 31, 2019. Secure marina with gas, pump out, and trailer storage. 24/7 access to your boat. Private message me and I'll email an application to you...
  13. Hudson River
    ** SHOW EM' IF YA GOT EM' ** Post any 2019 Striper Reports and photos here. Hope to see a bunch of HAWGS. Feel free to include county or general area, No need to give up specific spots or honey holes. Please try and limit it to just reports & congrats. Thanks and good luck all !
  14. Hudson River
    May we have a nice slow melt. Can I get an 'Amen!'.
  15. The Striper Forum
    Hi guys - I got a tale to tell here... (thanks to admin for gettin' me registered here too) I got this one 2 weeks ago, Wilson NC, Wiggin's Mill Dam, Contentnea Creek; tributary of Neuse River (does it look like a hybrid??? ) Me and a buddy were after Crappie (med-light tackle). He took the...
  16. The Striper Forum
    Going to be purchasing my first striper set up. Fishing from a Boat, nearshore and Rivers in NH/ME We plan on fishing with live bait, chunk bait and lures. Considering picking up a 7' spinning combo set up from Penn. they seem reasonably priced and get decent reviews on this website. Examples...
  17. Stripers 101 - The Beginners clinic.
    Going to be purchasing my first striper set up. Fishing from a Boat, nearshore and Rivers in NH/ME We plan on fishing with live bait, chunk bait and lures. Considering picking up a 7' spinning combo set up from Penn. they seem reasonably priced and get decent reviews on this website...
  18. Hudson River
    ** SHOW EM' IF YA GOT EM' ** Post any 2018 Striper Reports and photos here. Hope to see a bunch of HAWGS. Feel free to include county or general area, No need to give up specific spots or honey holes. Please try and limit it to just reports & congrats. Thanks and good luck all !
  19. Hudson River
    Hi Guys. Marlboro Yacht Club has slips available for Striper Season. $200.00 for the season. Fuel and pump out station at the marina. Docks should be in by April 1st weather pending. Private message me with your contact number and I'll provide more details and meet with you and show you...
1-19 of 500 Results