Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-20 of 31 Results
  1. Rods And Custom Rod Building
    I came across a few garage sales and picked up a total of 3 interesting surf rods, all of which are in need of a good overhaul. I striped one down to just the bare blank but I'm not certain which blank it is since there wasn't any label. Color: Honey Overall length: 135-1/4" Weight: 14.3oz Butt...
  2. The Striper Forum
    Hey all, Todd here from Mud Hole Custom Tackle. I just wanted to let everyone know that we have the locations set for our 2014 Rod building classes and have several scheduled on the East coast. January 18th & 19th in South Plainsfield NJ...
  3. Plugs and Plug Building
    I guess I was just over busy for the last year, and hadnt made a plug in atleast 6 months , any way i broke out the lathe and some unfinished swimbaits and other projects ..:yay: Ill be going through all the plug building threads pretty much starting over, for starters, any good "dimensions"...
  4. Rods And Custom Rod Building
    Just joined, first post. Looks like this rod building forum isn't very active, what has everyone built this winter or what are you still working on? Any other planned builds?
  5. Plugs and Plug Building
    Painted and epoxied the first plugs of the season last week.. some were left over from last season, others for the Nor'east toys for tots Raffel... while others are simply replacements for lost or HO'd plugs... 1) are a set of floating needles 2) are a set of Goo goo eyes that are for the...
  6. Hudson River
    Well after a tough couple of weeks I finally got the skunk off my back. He measures 25" and weighed 7 pounds and 4 ounces caught on a live herring at 1:30 pm this afternoon.
  7. Plugs and Plug Building
    Plug building mini-seminar/program March 7th Ramsey Outdoors on Rt 17 in PARAMUS (not the store in Ramsey) It's the annual Cast n Blast weekend. Digger from Right Coast Lures and Jerry from RV Plugs will be there. I'll be there helping my friend Digger out. Stop in, say hi and pick our brains...
  8. Plugs and Plug Building
    This time i realy got my lathe so excited have it pretty much all set to go. best day of my plug building life for sure, all i need to complete it is the drill chuck and bits. this is it not fully set up all rite i thought i would post this cuz im so excited now i can feel more like part of...
  9. Plugs and Plug Building
    When building jointed lures is actualy jointing them like the last step? Should i paint and then connect? And when making jointed were you use eye screws and steel shaft is it the same process?
  10. Plugs and Plug Building
    hi guys , im just starting plug building and found aolt of help here but still have some questions... after i make the body what coats and steps should i make i have heard of coating with envirotex then painting then more envirotex will this work fine ? also what size drill bits and tools for...
  11. Step By Step Plug Making Tutorials
    Designing and building a Ballerina. Getting started: First, I'm no expert, far from it,there have been some great plug builders, some are still building,some are not, some are household names, others, unknown...I'm here to show you the path and give advise to the best of my abilities... Plug...
  12. Plugs and Plug Building
    this is what i consider the first official batch of my 08-09 building season. a few jointed eels, a couple danny style surface swimmers, and of course a few stubbys in the midnight collor scheme...oh and a single "cigar" swimmer for a friend. let your opinions be heard fellas...good and bad...
  13. Buy - Sell - Trade
    Looking To Buy A Small Lathe To Start Plug Building. Anyone? And Maybe A Book On Some Info. On Some Techniques.
  14. Plugs and Plug Building
    Hey everyone, im new to this forum and new to plug building. im a pretty handy guy when it comes to wood working and painting and things of this nature so i figured ide be pretty good at this. i would greatly appreciate it if someone gave me a list of the things i will need to start building...
  15. Buy - Sell - Trade
    I have an extra copy of the new "Advanced Custom Rod Building" book by Clemens. I will trade it for a simple rod wrapper setup. I don't have the tools or space to build my own. I would like it powered but will be ok with it not powered but has thread tensioner. t
  16. Rods And Custom Rod Building
    I had Nick at breakaway build me a rod a few years back that he designed to be used with both spinning and casting reels. Can any of you builders shed some light on how this is done?
  17. Rods And Custom Rod Building
    I am interested in building my own custom rod (or two) and was wondering if there were any classes being held in NJ, north of Ocean County. Any information would be appreciated. Thanks
  18. Rods And Custom Rod Building
    Thread? I am officially ON FIRE! I am back in a way far beyond where I left off. I gave up chasing the $'s, and am enjoying life and the things I have loved again. When I leave work at the end of the day, the job stay's where it belongs. I am in the process of building rods I intended to do...
  19. Rods And Custom Rod Building
    I was wondering if anyone here did it. Is it worth it, or not?
  20. Plugs and Plug Building
    Or am I the only one making saw(lathe) dust.....post some pictures... good bad or ugly! I'm working on hand carved stuff, foil finished (thank you Husky and fat fingers) the proto types look a swim good, I'll post the finished products when I finish my other Holiday projects.... I'm also...
1-20 of 31 Results