Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-20 of 203 Results
  1. New Member Introductions
    Hi All, I made an account last November but never had it activated, thanks to Richard for getting me squared away! I am in Southeastern CT and fish the surf and rivers as much as possible. Hope to get into some plug building and follow some of the posts about making them on the site.
  2. New Member Introductions
    Hello Guys! I have been striper fishing on and off for a about 6 years. Most of that was surfcasting, the past two years has been on a boat mostly. I live in NH, fish seabrook, hampton, plum island, salisbury and the merimac river. Ive only caught a few keepers, hopefully reading this forum I...
  3. Hudson River
    Hey guys. My name is Eric and I'm fairly new to fishing stripers. I live and fish in Orange County, mostly drifting bloods. I'm hoping someone can tell me how long slack tide lasts for? My understanding is that fishing is very slow during slack? Any info is helpful. Thanks.
  4. New York
    Hey guys. My name is Eric I live and fish in Orange County, mostly drifting bloods. I'm hoping someone can tell me how long slack tide lasts for? My understanding is that fishing is very slow during slack? Any info is helpful. Thanks.
  5. Hudson River
    I would just like to take a second to introduce myself. Thanks for the ad. I fish the upper Hudson from the fed dam down to Castleton. No sign of herring up here yet. Can't wait to get on the river and put fish in the boat. Good luck and see some of you soon
  6. Alabama Stripers
    Wow. Looks like I'm the first to post here in some time. My name is Jon Grigsby and I recently moved to Smith Lake and have landed my first big stripe about a week ago. I was just north of Goat Island on a large flat east of the channel in about 30 feet. There were huge balls of shad being...
  7. New Member Introductions
    Hi all, looking forward to the site and learning many fishing "secrets" and lur making. Glad to be here. radioman01
  8. New Member Introductions
    Longtime lurker here, currently living in the Boston area. I'm a student right now, and am looking to hire a guide in the spring to take me fly fishing for some stripers on the surface. I've never hired a guide before, primarily because I haven't had the income to hire a guide in the past. Now...
  9. New Member Introductions
    Just saying hi. I'm a new member to this site and am a charter captain in Grand Isle, Louisiana. If anyone out there would like to come down and enjoy the warm, sunny beaches of South Louisiana and the great fishing, give me call! We can also make arrangments for accomodations and fishing...
  10. Hudson River
    Hello everyone! Just wanted to intro myself. My name is Rich, and I live and fish in northern NJ. I got back into fishing last summer after a 10 year break. I am a shore guy, no boat, and many will know how that is in north Jersey. Anyway, I used to fish the Hudson as a kid, but have never...
  11. New Member Introductions
    Hello Everyone Im bluefishlover. I have been hanging around for a while and I now have the free time to introduce myself. I really love to fish and the striped bass have a strangle hold on my fishing mind. but my only problem is I have lived on Long Island, New york and have never caught a...
  12. New Member Introductions
    Hello to all! Fishing is my number one favorite pastime and has been almost my entire life. I lived right on Long Island Sound, in Greenwich, Connecticut for several years until I was married in 1982. Had a small boat and loved fishing strippers and everything else that would take a bait...
  13. New Member Introductions
    just signed on, TOM is my name, I love fishing for stripers no mater where on the hudson in early spring, then to long Island, end the season at MONTAUK, long island is tough on nonresidents as far as access to beachs go,I do mostly surf fishing...
  14. New Member Introductions
    I fish a 21' Parker Pilothouse, The Searched, out of Lincoln Harbor NJ, primary for bass.c
  15. New Member Introductions
    Thought I would start with an introduction. I'm 51 years old and I'm just going to get back into fishing for striper's. I live 10 minutes from the Cape Cod Canal so I will be doing most of my fishing on the Canal. I'll be looking for a rod/reel combo to get started in the spring, but want to...
  16. Massachusetts
    Hi Everyone, My name is Tom and i live just north of boston in the lynn/saugus area. I recently bought a 19.5' bow rider, not really a fishing boat, I know, but since i have a wife and two small children i needed something comfortable and fun for the family. I've been launching the...
  17. New Member Introductions
    Originaly from Mass. The AF moved me to Arkansas. Just getting into the Stripers on Lake Ouachita. Haven't had any luck, but pluggin away. Would like to meet some folks who fish Ouachita and get some advice.
  18. New Member Introductions
    Hello everyone! Hailing from Whitehouse, NJ, I'm a 24 year old water dweller (haha) starting my quest to catch (and probably eat!) some stripers! Excited to be a part of the S247 community, and looking forward to learning...and learning...and learning! Although I'm new to the forum here, I am...
  19. New Member Introductions
    :flyfish:Greetings from Westchester County
  20. New Member Introductions
    Glad to be part of this great communit and well knowledge this great site have. im here to have fun and lear from this amazing library this site has to offer. DaveTCP
1-20 of 203 Results