Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-17 of 51 Results
  1. Buy - Sell - Trade
    SNOW BLOWER FOR SALE Ewing/Trenton NJ Must Pickup Troy-Bilt Push Button Electric Start& Recoil Starter Will show you how to operate it also. Two-Stage Snow Blower Model 8526-Storm With Operator's Manual & Engine Manual 8.5 HP Tecumseh Engine 26" Width / 23" height Self-Propelled All wheel...
  2. Florida Stripers and Hybrids
    "Hurricane Matthew is coming -- How is man's manipulation of Nature's rainfall working for us?" https://www.change.org/p/st-johns-river-water-management-district-free-the-ocklawaha-river-by-the-breaching-of-rodman-dam/u/18068069
  3. Stripers 101 - The Beginners clinic.
    So I got a 10' Tica Dolphin and a Penn Spinfisher V 6500. I will be bait fishing at Assateague State Park, MD in a couple of weeks. Should I put 30 lb braided line and a 15' 50LB mono shockleader? I will use a fishfinder and probably hi-lo rigs as well. Will this work fine? should I change...
  4. Chesapeake Bay
    Well let the countdown begin... The weather is getting nicer and opening day is upon us, Are you ready? Let's just hope for a beautiful day with light winds. Please post your stories and pictures of your Trophy's so we all can enjoy your success. Good Luck! Here is something I put together...
  5. Vendor Spotlight! Great Deals for Members
    Hello all, We just returned from a 2 day trade show. It was great to see products under one roof and be able to meet with and pick the brains of all the different reps. While there we searched out all kinds of close-out deals to pass along as well as other great values. We stocked up on Lazer...
  6. Maine
    I would appreciate anybodies help in giving me some info. I am planning a vacation with the family in may or June this year. I have no specific area to visit. I would like to do some surf fishing with the kids. I been to Maine several times to deer hunt by Dover- Foxcroft, so I know nothing...
  7. Vendor Spotlight! Great Deals for Members
    The New Shimano Stella SW Coming Soon - Accepting Orders Now Smooth and durable, with high line capacity (up to 500 yards) , and drag, the Stella SW remains a favorite among high-stakes saltwater anglers. Now with the Propulsion, Paladin, and Aerowrap features, this S-Concept reel employs...
  8. New Member Introductions
    Hey guys (and gals), Getting back into to saltwater fishing after a long hiatus. Just bought a 30 Pro-Line at the end of last year and gearing up for a great season. After just an initial peruse of this forum, I quickly realized what a great resource it is. I look forward to learning and...
  9. Upper Hudson River Striper Club
    1st signs of Herring are realistically only 45-50 days ... with our friendly Rockfish being right behind them :icon_thumright: 56 days until my 1st schedualed trip :GreenBeret: I'm not going stir crazy just yet but i know when some decent weather starts to make an apperance i'll be...
  10. Connecticut
    I have a cousin who lives in danbury. This coming june, my travel plans is to drop off my wife in texas and head for conn for a week in early june. Need to know about them stripers. Will be fishing 3 days ( estimate ) after my weeks end, will meet up with my wife in canada. So here it is...
  11. Massachusetts
    I am a Ca. fisherman that will be coming to Ma. in mid October. I would like to go out for stripers but don't know if they are running at that time and what would be a good boat to go out on. I will be with a few of my brother in laws that live in Ma. If stripers are not promising at that time...
  12. The Striper Forum
    Another new guy in need of help. Visiting my dad in Rhode Island, Narragansett/ Point Judith area 7/12 thru 7/17. I'm an avid flyfisherman and Largemouth Bass. I Have never caught a Striper. This will be my main priority in life for those 5 days. I am bound to the shore/surf. I'm bringing an 8wt...
  13. Hudson River
    Just got back from putting the plow on the atv. 4to 8 in of snow coming this will be the first time that I will have to plow snow this year. This makes me happy.:smiley17e:
  14. New Member Introductions
    Hello everyone, My name is John. I used to live in Kittery and Portsmouth a number of years ago. I met a nice girl, got married, she dragged me down to NC to be near her family. Now...its time to come home and start fishing again. Cant wait to be back, im sure you'll be hearing from me from...
  15. Hudson River
    this weekend ive seen fish being landed. i went out this morning, hooked on to one nice fish, but aboyt 20yards offshore, hook was spit outshake.gif, o well, wut can i do . Also had another taker, as soon as i casted, i put the rod in the holder, before i took 3 steps my pole was down and...
  16. Striped Bass Fishery Conservation/Politics/News
    When striped bass migrate into river waters may have detrimental effects. When salmon spawn in rivers - or even hatcheries - and those little babies try to make their way to ocean waters, some say stripers are inhaling them by the tens of thousands. A lawsuit filed in 2008 by the Coalition for a...
  17. Tennessee Stripers and Wipers
    It's been awhile since the big die off. I know the state is managing it for big stripers, are they coming back good? Also, how safe is this lakes as far as humps and shallow water this time of year?
1-17 of 51 Results