Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-8 of 8 Results
  1. The Striper Forum
    There is any relation between strength of the line (for expl. 8-17lb) shown on the rod and weight that could be lifted by that rod without risk to break it? Or that number related to best casting distance?
  2. Stripers 101 - The Beginners clinic.
    I am new to surf fishing so I may be doing something obviously wrong but I have lost two lures on back to back weekends due to my line breaking during casting. The first time, using braid line connected to a 15" fluorocarbon leader throwing a 2 1/4 oz plug. The line broke right at the albright...
  3. The Striper Forum
    Hey All, I'm on some pretty nice breaking fish (5-15 lbs look like, maybe larger). I beleive they are chasing small blueback herring, and they are hybrids and stripers. On occasion they will hit a creek chub strike king, but osme days they won't. The are coming up over a wide area, but...
  4. Stripers 101 - The Beginners clinic.
    i just bought this rod http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2649854&cp=2367438.2367824.2291514.2291517 i used a 1/2oz weighted hook with a swimming bait... my 10th cast it broke off lmao... so i took it home and just used the string to tie my knots to see if it was just...
  5. Kayaking Stripers
    I think I'm really going to enjoy this kayaking thing. It seems to be a perfect fit for where I fish and so much more convenient than trailering a boat and dealing with maintenance and fuel costs. I love being able to just toss the boat on top of the truck and go anywhere I want, no trailer...
  6. Hudson River
    My braided line 65lb power pro keeps breaking. Once while flatlining, a semi deep diver, the other two times when trolling. The line is brand new. whats the deal? Any ideas? Did i get two bad spools or did i do something wrong?
  7. Saltwater Tackle Shop
    My braided line 65lb power pro keeps breaking. Once while flatlining, a semi deep diver, the other two times when trolling. The line is brand new. whats the deal? Any ideas?
  8. New Jersey
    Well, I started the evening buying a new setup for plugging the surf. I've been researching for a while, and ultimately decided that I didn't want to drop a ton of cash on my first real surf outfit, so I selected a Tsunami 9' 2 piece medium/heavy 1-4oz rated spinning rod matched with a Daiwa...
1-8 of 8 Results