Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-20 of 25 Results
  1. Hudson River
    Is it just me or does it seem like the big school of bass never made it to Albany area this year ? Sure there's some fish being caught... And I know there's a ton of herring around for food but this year the numbers are way down according to the 30+ ppl I've talked to. I've done great for the...
  2. Hudson River
    Any shore fisherman getting anything from the shore down in Irvington Tarrytown, Nyack area? Don't here many reports from down here. Them Barges pile driving poles in the water aint gonna help the poor fish out either. They will haul ass upriver or dont even go near that bridge
  3. California Aqueduct
    gonna start around mendota and head south till I get to coalinga sunday see if anythings hittin, any hints? throwin lures mostly ny bady ever use a side planer?
  4. The Striper Forum
    Hey All, I'm on some pretty nice breaking fish (5-15 lbs look like, maybe larger). I beleive they are chasing small blueback herring, and they are hybrids and stripers. On occasion they will hit a creek chub strike king, but osme days they won't. The are coming up over a wide area, but...
  5. Massachusetts
    ok so me and my friend r gonna go to plum island or salisbury tommorow and this friday. need some advice. were probably gonna live eels and steel leaders. just wondering what to get. i got a nice combo with 25 lb test and some tackle. any ideas on what i shud get?
  6. Saltwater Species
    The Atlantic States Marine Fisheries Commission (ASMFC) made a decision during last week's meeting that will have a negative effect on sea bass fishermen when they selected a state by state option rather than a regional or coastwise quota system for 2011. That requires N.J. to take a 40 percent...
  7. The Gallows - Poachers Hall of Shame
    Northport mayor hit with fishing violation charges The mayor of Northport, who is also a commercial fisherman, was charged with three violations of state law Saturday July 10th when conservation officers found him selling untagged clams and striped bass at a village farmer's market, a state...
  8. Canada
    I've been fishing a river here in PEI for 25 years and have never landed a striper on this river. My fishing buddy had landed 1 in 20 years. Last Friday and Saturday my buddy John landed 3 between 21" and 16". There has been stripers being landed and released every day for the past week. Very...
  9. The Striper Forum
    Last Sunday I was anchored up over some structure in Boston Habor and live lining menhaden. There were a lot of blue fish known to be in the area so two of us were using wire line with treble hooks and a stinger hook. One of us was on mono with J two hooks (one as a stringer). We were looking...
  10. Reference Library
    http://news.aol.com/article/train-truck-collision/369961?icid=200100397x1219608103x1201368846
  11. California - Lakes, Rivers, Bay and Delta
    Hey all was up at skinner again on Saturday, picked up a couple of fish on chovies and then got 4 vertical jigging on top of the school in deep water. I found the fish in 50' of water suspended between 23 and 38' feet. I got those fish on a XPS tail spin 7/8 ounce in shad pattern. Nothing big...
  12. Massachusetts
    My cousin lives down is Foster RI (pernounced fauwsta) and wants me to come down to fish the fall run. (it was really my idea) I have fished Conn. and had some luck but I mainly fish from the Mack-north. I know that trying to find macks down in RI would simply mean that I burn 2 tanks of...
  13. Hudson River
    Had to get a Striper fix since all of ours are gone in the upper hudson.Had a great time out of cape cod for the day.Between the 4 of us we had 40 stripers within 3 hours.Sweet.. Drifting the rips and Bucktail jigs.
  14. The Striper Forum
    F-I-N-A-L-L-Y, The stripers are here. Only a few, and mostly schoolies, but they are here. Some guys are saying theres some big fellas mixed in, but I personally haven't seen them. Saco bay is already seeing the Sturgeon jumping out of the water too. My business partner got cleaned off (hook...
  15. California Aqueduct
    :pbdoi:Went up to the duct and casting out several times and trying different lures, and the Shad Rattle Trap does it again. Whamooooo it was action packed hit me hard and fast, it is 6 lbs 9 oz and 28 inches long. Also lost one had it and was reaching down to grab it and it suddenly flipped...
  16. New Member Introductions
    Hello all, I will be posting on a regular basis, with questions, and maybe a few answers....... Great site
  17. Massachusetts
    I've got some time at the Harbor Walk Resort, in Falmouth....anytime between now and the end of October and was hoping somebody could give me some insight as to when would be my best time slot for fishing and what kind of fish I might expect.....I'm sure there are species that don't quite make...
  18. Hudson River
    here in cornwall, few guys were catchin stripers, mainly 16-24 inches. wont be long till bigger one start showin up, ill be out tommorow and sunday
  19. Cape Cod Canal
    C'mon, fellas....what date? What general area? What presentation? What odds for success?
  20. Surfcasting Central
    C'mon, fellas....what date? What general area? What presentation? What odds for success?
1-20 of 25 Results