Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-20 of 22 Results
  1. Plugs and Plug Building
    This may be in the wrong forum, but couldn't find the answer using the search mode. I have some bucktails that the paint has been sanded off parts of the head from bumping across the sandy bottom of the surf. What kind of paint do you use to repaint/touch them up? Where do you get it? Thanks...
  2. Plugs and Plug Building
    So after ready all the posts and looking at some of the great work done by you folks, I figured I'd give painting my own a try. So here they are, my first attempt at painting plugs ( note: plugs are kits ) these are before the application of E-tex. I'll post again when there finished.:whistle:
  3. Plugs and Plug Building
    just finish
  4. Plugs and Plug Building
    Does anyone here use createx paint? I have around 18 or so bottles of 2 oz and about 4 to 6 bottles of 4 oz. Auto Air which is Createx's auto colred paint. I don't use it and hate for it to goto waste. Most of these have never been used and the ones that were used(only about 4 or so) had very...
  5. Plugs and Plug Building
    Whipped this together in about 2 1/2 hours this morning. Still needs a little work but the duct tape worked pretty good and its actually very stable. The 90 degree pieces of wood (have to cut more) to the left are what I'll be using to glue on later around each side of the booth with gorilla...
  6. Plugs and Plug Building
    Information on paint for air brush painting. Thank you dave71
  7. Boat repair issues & Shop Maintenance
    Hey guys. Does anybody know of a decent way to remove bottom paint? I looked into soda blasting but its just not in the budget right now. Thanks.
  8. Plugs and Plug Building
    first try
  9. Plugs and Plug Building
    These don't have any. These were sealed in Etex... Inside and out. Column of lighter color starts with Eastern Red Cedar(2.9 oz) on top, then Fence Company Cedar (2 oz)..Maybe someone can identify the type..., Birch(3 oz), and Maple(2.7 oz). The dark column starts with Mangaris(3.9 oz) on...
  10. Plugs and Plug Building
    Anyone have a picture of a wonderbread painted plug, or know where I can view one? thanks , Jim
  11. Plugs and Plug Building
    to get the through wire hole straight through do i need a drill press? and what size drill bits and other tools do i need ? i bought an air brush and i like the cretex paints.. but they have two different paints does acrylic work in the air brush too or do i use the other type of their...
  12. Plugs and Plug Building
    was playing with paint yet again lol.
  13. Plugs and Plug Building
    Two weeks ago, as I was applying a final coat to the top of a multy layered paint job, my Badger 150 coughed up a paint ball and yaked a big black splat onto the side of a plug.... the tyraid i threw brought the 'Coise running thinking I cut off my arm or something.... well when the cursing...
  14. Plugs and Plug Building
    I'm getting ready to buy a few plug kits. Before I do I wanted to know if you could use canned spray paint, and if so what brand. Also what sealer and epoxy would you guys recommend? Thanks in advance Khary23
  15. Boat repair issues & Shop Maintenance
    Well, I'm prep'ing my boat for a new coat of bottom paint. The existing paint is toast. I'm power washing off the old paint and its coming off nicely. Actually its going pretty well. I may be able to get it all clear in about 2-3 more bouts with the powerwasher... Problem here is that I found...
  16. Boat repair issues & Shop Maintenance
    It looks like the bottom my boat was painted last year and never put in the water. Do I have to paint it now?
  17. Plugs and Plug Building
    Well, the airbrush arrived today, and since I had a blank all primed up and ready to go, I squirted some paint at it, let it dry for a while, and just now epoxied it, with a litlle silver glitter in the epoxy. Could have done without the handbrushed gill/fin thingies on the side, but overall I'm...
  18. Boat repair issues & Shop Maintenance
    New to me anyway. Picked up a '86 23' Four winns for a Song & a Dance! The guy at the marina where the boat was shocked at what I got it for.... He's throwing in the outdrive for me and i'll be out causing havoc in about 2 weeks. After I get it cleaned up I'll take a few pics w/ before and...
  19. Plugs and Plug Building
    Do any of you paint your bullet type weights to match the color of the rubber worms that you use? If so, what kind and where would I be able to obtain some? Thanks Mark
  20. Boat repair issues & Shop Maintenance
    The paint on the bottom of my boat is 3 layers thick and it has been extremly difficult to take it off. does anyone have any tips of removing this paint. i tried a hand sander, as well as paint scrapers. any suggestions?
1-20 of 22 Results