Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-19 of 28 Results
  1. Hudson River
    What do you guys prefer to be better: sand bottom or rocky?
  2. The Striper Forum
    with all the sand eels this year how do ya plan on matching the sand eels in your waters???????????
  3. Saltwater Tackle Shop
    Hello! I'd like to talk about a new product called The SSS. A fully adjustable all aluminum sand spike. We are giving away 5 free spikes for people to try and post their opinions. If you are interested in participating, visit www.StevesSandSpikes.com :partysmilie:
  4. The Striper Forum
    It cost me $5.30 for a dozen....$5 for the worms and .30 TAX ? does anyone else pay tax on worms ??
  5. Step By Step Plug Making Tutorials
    This is a Pinkney inspired sand eel swimmer, although I have never seen one in person, a few years ago I came up with a need for a sand eel sized ( it also imitates spike mackerel) swimmer.. after a few design changes ( my drawing does not reflect these changes) i came up with a light, slim...
  6. The Striper Forum
    I am going to go on record here. Last year had to be one of the greatest sand eel runs I have seen in 20 years. NOW I just got back from Sea Bright and the sand eels were everywhere. I cant believe they are back in numbers like they were last year. If the sand eels are there-You know the cows...
  7. Cape Cod Canal
    Heading to the Scusset end of the Canal this weekend with my son (18)and was wondering about those drag screens I see people using for sand eels at low tide. Can I just make my own using regular window screen? Any tips on how to make one and methods would be great as I have seen the sand eels...
  8. Maine
    Does any one rake their own bait here in Maine and if so : are there any sand eels for the taken or what is the perferred bait of choice for stripers here in Maine ... Bath area..I would be thankful for any helpful info...
  9. Rhode Island Fishing
    is there a specific time when the sand eels start hatching out of the saltwater ponds in RI? last september i lucked out and ended up fishing in the middle of the hatch in the breachway and hooked up 3 bass over 32" and like 6 blues all , went back next week and got skunked.confused.gif so...
  10. Surfcasting Central
    Hey last night i was out off of long beach from 10 to about 4 in morning, i used fresh bunker and clam but the only luck i had was 3 sand sharks and one skate, no bass. Let me know if anyone has some pointers thanks
  11. Surfcasting Central
    pulled up to the beach at a quarter to six tihis morning and the birds and seal lions were working for a half mile in either direction. walked to the first rip nothing hit the second rip fish on turn around and my buddy's hooked up this went on for the next hour and a half before we were forced...
  12. The Striper Forum
    Has anyone read any recent articles on the proliferation of the sand lance from Maine to Florida on the east coast. Some are saying that it may be due to the declining numbers of their main predator - mackeral and to a lesser extent, herring. Just wondering if any one can cite any recent...
  13. Stripers on the Fly
    1/0 o2 2/0 gamakatsu. tie on some white super hair for tail. leave a really long section of mono or thread hanging off the hook bend to be used 2 times later on. tie on pearl or silver body braid starting at hook bend using the mono/thread left on back there leaving enough to tie hair on in...
  14. Saltwater Tackle Shop
    yes I am killing time waiting for spring:whistle::whistle: But most of the bait fish in my area is sand eels. Whats your pick of lures to mimick them??
  15. New Jersey
    Read an online article that you can lure sandworms up to the surface where the waves roll in with a mixture of chicken feed and sea water sprayed on the sand out of a water bottle and then dig them up fast with a trowel?? anyone ever heard of this? anyone know if they are along fire island on...
  16. Stripers 101 - The Beginners clinic.
    what would be a good lure to use when bass are feeding on sand fleas?? they where spitting them up last nite in the morning the beach was loaded with them,managed to cacth a few on a surfster.
  17. The Striper Forum
    Need your help and experience with schoolies feeding on Sand Eels in the early dawn hours from the beaches surf casting along western Connecticut shoreline. What type of artificals are most productive? Tried Deadly Dicks and Red Fins and came up empty.
  18. Reels and Reel Maintenance
    I dropped my baitrunner in the surf and wet sand engulfed my reel before I could get to it. hence the bail wouldnt close on all the casts and it makes a grinding sound when reeling in. I took off the bail cover and cleaned it out, it was loaded with sand. Still not good I think I need to open...
  19. Surfcasting Central
    A friend of mine said he saw someone using a spike that came out of the sand about 4 feet and had a tube at the top that held the rod at a 45 degree angle. Any one seen or know anything about these? Homemade maybe? My friend said it looked like it was made in a factory.
1-19 of 28 Results