Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-18 of 61 Results
  1. Hudson River
    Anyone been out yet from Corning Preserve or around Albany? Looking to get out for first time in 2-3 days from now.
  2. Hudson River
    Hi all, could anyone provide me with current condition of albany area? Currious how last nite's rain affected the river as I would like to call in sick to work tomorrow! Thanks!
  3. Striper Guides & Charters
    Join us in our 16yr chasing stripers on the Hudson River with Ace Charters. We have several prime dates left to fill in the upcoming season. With the colder weather, the month of May should make for excellent fishing. call us at 413-346-7675 or on the web at...
  4. Hudson River
    Looks like the Ale House, Castelton and Rip VanWinkle are all having their tournaments on May 3rd. Idiots. You think they would communicate with each other. angry9.gif
  5. Hudson River
    LRF (Light Rock Fishing) is a discipline that I don't think has caught on in North America yet. It's extremely popular in Japan, the UK and indeed Europe. It involves using ultra light gear and tiny little lures, predominantly targeting 'micro' species of fish. I've been trying the technique...
  6. Kayaking Stripers
    Looking for some advice. I have been successful using a T&W in salt water but have never tried it up here in the Albany area while fishing the Hudson. Would this technique be worth trying? Thanks for any advice.
  7. Hudson River
    I have had some luck over the years in the fall. River Basin reports some too. Anybody going to be trying? I use the smallest white perch I can catch, but I have had them hit on crawlers. Biggest have been about 24."
  8. Chesapeake Bay
    I'm an old time boater and fisherman but always the small and simple stuff. I've been reading and looking and prepping with gear, etc - to chase Stripers on the Upper Chesapeake bay off the bohemia river, Elk river, off Turkey Point and the 'flats' off Port Deposit - most of what I read are from...
  9. Hudson River
    On the water at 5 am on Saturday and anchored up fishing the outgoing tide and had height expectations. Well let's just say that was not the case. We launched out of Albany and went north and bounced all over in search of herring after being anchored up for the first hour of light. We found some...
  10. Hudson River
    4/30-Launched out of Albany at 630 Monday morning and headed South in search of herring. Well that search lasted 3 hours lol; I hit all my usual herring spots and couldn't catch a thing. We were finally able to manage a few in the area of the port but they were not easy. We headed for some...
  11. Upper Hudson River Striper Club
    Here is some pics of stripers we caught on the upper. Looks like it is going to be a good year. Herring have been spotty but once we find them we put em to good use. This is the biggest striper I have caught in the Hudson (top left pic). River was high and brown this evening. No herring...
  12. Hudson River
    Hit the water early on Tuesday morning out of Albany only to spend two hours catching a few herring. Anchored up in some deeper water fishing both live a chunk and right away had action at slack tide. First was on a live herring casted almost right up on shore and the second was on a piece of...
  13. New York
    I FISH THE HUDSON RIVER IN THE SPRING FOR STRIPPERS,IN THE PAST WE DID VERY WELL DRIFTING HERRING AND ON CHUNK,WE WOULD CATCH OUR OWN HERRING,EITHER SCAP NET OR JIGGING.KNOW THE WORD IS THERE ARE GOING TO BE ALL KINDS OF NEW RESTRICTIONS ON HERRING FISHING AND USE,THEY SAY WE CATCH MORE THEN WE...
  14. Trolling for Stripers
    Every year I drive over the bay bridge for another 1 1/2 hours to fish in the middle for strippers I was wondering is the upper bay just as good or should i keep going down to the middle. Ive never fished the upper but with gas prices it would save me alot of money. Thanks for your opinons.
  15. Rhode Island Fishing
    Fishing Reports up to and including Tuesday, May 17, 2011 Location: Upper Narragansett Bay, Rhode Island Extreme weather patterns this week…. cold, windy, rainy; more is expected for the next four days. This is mid-May? Feels more like March. Great morning tides this week too with a moon...
  16. The Striper Forum
    I bought a boat last year so this is my first opportunity for fishing during the Spring Trophy Season in the Chesapeake Bay. I have been out many times with friends or on charters, but always around Chesapeake Beach or south. I live in Baltimore and have tried fishing the Craighill Channel the...
  17. Upper Hudson River Striper Club
    We all know about the big River Basin contest but here some more that i'm aware of, north of Catskill ... -River Basin -Troy -Castleton (2-day derby) -Coeysmans Landing (Yanni's) Curious if there are there any more you guys might be aware of ? Thanks, BB
1-18 of 61 Results