Popham beach Maine - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > East Coast Regional Forums > Maine
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Maine Maine Striper Fishing discussion & reports

Old 07-23-2007, 09:56 PM

Default Popham beach Maine

August 18th, I will be leaving from work on the 17th at 4 PM, more details are forthcoming. If your in, post your intent in this thread. I will be editing this post as information comes available. I Google earthed the place and it looks friggin awesome! salt marsh estuaries all over the place, nice beach with some good features, points, rips. We could really hammer this place hard!
Also do not PM me or JK, send us Emails so we can stock your adresses for the mass mailings of directions and details.
Heres mine again; [email protected]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-23-2007, 10:35 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Popham beach Maine

I'm there..... I was going to show up Saturday morning and stay until Sunday afternoon. I think my brother is coming with me. He taught me how to fish better than 40 years ago, so he's to blame for the fishing addiction. Looks to be only be a 2 1/2 hour trip for me. I'm looking forward to it. Before I go out at night, I want to check out the area and mark some GPS locations and hazards.

You're right. It does look like a awesome area. I'm on vacation next week, so I think I'm going to take a ride up and check out the area. I'll be on my bike, with the wife, so I won't get out onto the water. Now, what should I see while I'm up there with the wife in another week. My wife loves good fish chowder. Who makes the best up there? It will give me a great excuse.
Old 07-23-2007, 11:18 PM
Pro Staff

Question. Is there a place to pitch a tent for the night near the fishing grounds? If I have the family tagging along with me, they'll want to set up camp somewhere nearby.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-24-2007, 02:19 AM
First Mate

Gunny,
You know that I'm in for this one... I will meet you up there Friday night. If you need anything from me let me know.
BryanL
Old 07-24-2007, 10:04 AM
King of Eels
Pro Staff

Probably going to sit this one out....It's tuna time around here, I mate for Dan on the Mary D, so if it's weather, I'm committed....This time of year becomes a marathon for me, bass fishing Monday-Thursday, Tuna fishing Saturday, Sunday's and during the hot bite,I take vacation....

Maybe I'll be free in October.....By then, I'll need a break.....
Old 07-24-2007, 06:18 PM

Would love to see you there, but I believe I speak for all when I say" Hammer the hell out of 'em Roc"
I have 4 tent sites reserved, no deposit yet, so they will hold them as long as they can. We will need to send some $ their way ASAP. The campground is only 8 miles away from the beach. Email me for the info on getting a deposit in.
We have several wives joining us for this one, if your wife and kids want to come, as with ALL 24/7 gatherings, Bring them.
There is a samll charge for getting into the state park, $4.00. An overnight fee is $10.00, not clear if that is for camping. I will post as soon as info is clear.
Get your Emails to me or JK, [email protected]
Old 07-24-2007, 06:27 PM
will work for stripers
Pro Staff

well..i guess ill be in bourne sulking about how ide rather be in maine...well at least ill be able to give the rod and reel a workout...
Old 07-24-2007, 10:59 PM
First Mate

Just a FYI on Maine regulations.

BAG & SIZE LIMITS A person may take and possess 1 fish per day. The fish may be between 20 and
26 inches total length, inclusive, OR 40 inches or greater in total length.
DISPOSITION Personal use only, sale is prohibited. Fish must remain whole and intact.
GENERAL GEAR RESTRICTIONS Hook and line only, no gaffing of striped bass.
Old 07-24-2007, 11:08 PM
First Mate

Gunny,

I'm going to get a camp site. What's the process? I'm taking a run up there next week, and will visit the camp ground. Is there anything else I should check out while there. There's nothing like a guy on a mission .

What's the boat ramp situation? I was going to tow the boat up there. It's a POS, but gets me out there and is set up specifically for fishing. Smells that way anyway
Old 07-25-2007, 07:43 AM

Email me your phone #, I'll call you tonight.
Use Email,not PM
Old 07-25-2007, 09:13 AM
Wishin i was fishin

The boat launch situation is this:

There are two boat launches along the way that i can think of.....one being in bath, and the other one being in Phippsburg....phippsburg is just a little ways closer then the one in bath. It's a few miles from there out to the mouth of the river where popham beach is....i just sold my boat today, i'm downsizing cause the wife and i are getting ready to build a house.....i am buying a different boat though, just won't be as big. I know the river very well, and can help you out with all of that information, so if you want email me with any questions you have [email protected]
Old 07-25-2007, 05:37 PM
Striper Hunter

What is the name of the campground? Dreaming of coming, but my schedule for brain surgery (yep...no kidding) may conflict. If it is at the start of Sept. I may be in.
Old 07-25-2007, 07:25 PM
Striper Hunter

My surgery is in Sept but it may get moved up to Aug.
Old 07-25-2007, 09:12 PM
First Mate

Anyone bringing the wife or SO? My plans have changed slightly, so now I plan on spending the night in the surf. I haven't done that for a while, so I'm out shopping for a rod longer than the 7 footers I keep on the boat, and a sand spike. It looks like a great area, with lots to do, so I asked the wife if she wanted to come along, but if I'm fishing all night, the wife is asking what she is going to do if she comes along. I make my own wine, so I told her to drink all night, and she didn't go for that one. So if anyone has a wife staying back at the campground Saturday night, maybe they can get together and chat about whatever women talk about when they get together. Post, PM me, or email me at [email protected] if we have, or want to put together a plan for the woman folk.
Old 07-25-2007, 09:48 PM

There are possibly 4 wives attending, however they all fish! LOL
Post up fella's let us know if yer brides are coming, or better yet tie'em up put'em in the trunk and let'em out on the beach!