Lowrance Elite 7 HDI review - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > Equipment & Tackle --- How To / Do It Yourself Forums > Saltwater Tackle Shop
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Saltwater Tackle Shop Product testing. Terminal tackle and gear forum. This forum is here to help the new and experienced angler in making good decision's when purchasing new gear. Talk about rods, reels, lures etc. here. List tackle or gear that you have experience with so that we may encourage others to try. Index of tackle dealers.

Old 06-03-2013, 07:27 PM
Wishin i was fishin

Default Lowrance Elite 7 HDI review

I thought I would post a review on here of my recent purchase of a Lowrance Elite 7 HDI. I had researched finders/plotters for several months and finally made a purchase based on cost and effectiveness of the application. I'll post some of the information here that I hope you may find helpful.

Unit purchased from Digital Oasis with navionics gold charts for 689.00 with free shipping, which I found to be a pretty fair price from everywhere else I looked. Shipping took approximately 4 days.

Installation was made very easy (total time just over an hour), all i had to do was hook up my transom mount transducer and run the wires. The wires were a positive and negative hookup. There are actually 5 other wires that it comes with that do not need to be hooked up unless you are linking up with similar systems, which i am not.

First time use was fairly easy if you are decent with electronics, there are only a few buttons which makes navigating easy.

The transducer read is amazing for what I am used to. I have always purchased cheap units in the past from humminbird or a similar outfitter and have never really made a decent investment. I could literally see my jig bouncing up and down on bottom when you are fishing underneath the transducer.

I have used all three applications that the unit comes with including GPS/Chart, sonar and the downview scan that it comes with. I find that the factory settings seemed to work pretty well and I was able to tweak it a little bit more with the sensitivity so that there wasn't so much feedback in the water.

Downside - When i purchased the unit from digital oasis it did not come with a screen cover, which I didn't realize or I would have bought one. This is a necessary purchase that I will make in the near future.

I have only used the unit once so far for about 4-5 hours and am still learning about it, if you have any questions feel free to ask. If I find anything else interesting I will post an update.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	elite 7 2.jpg
Views:	216
Size:	83.5 KB
ID:	16644   Click image for larger version

Name:	elite 7 3.jpg
Views:	220
Size:	72.3 KB
ID:	16645  
Attached Images

Advertisement