Lost at sea - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > East Coast Regional Forums > New Jersey
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

New Jersey Regional discussion, news and reports for striped bass fishing in New Jersey

Old 09-30-2010, 10:10 PM
Official Member

Default Lost at sea

I am a new member and I am little lost with this whole forum gig so please excuse my stupidity.

I have been fishing all my life mostly fresh water and have recently changed to salt water at the request of my son in law. In the last three years I have moved up from a 16' bass boat to a 21' WA with a 175HP outboard. I have been fishing the Raritan bay from the Raitan river out past Sandy Hook looking for big striper. I have graduated from the 20" to the 30" class fish but still have a lot to learn. I am looking for others who have the same passion for big fish and would like to know where and how they are catching them. I have tried trolling with umbrella rigs,(with some success) and bottom fishing with clams. Recently, I have also been trolling with some big crank baits and bunker spoons. I have not tried live eels or live bunker yet. Does anyone have any recommendations?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-04-2010, 04:50 AM
First Mate

Default Re: Lost at sea

I fish Raritan bay from Staten Island. For me....slow troll the channels with tube-n-worm, or drift the channels with eels. Snappers ( live-lined ) get cut in half by the Big Boo fish. I leave them out after that for a while ( fresh heads ). Water temps ( when they drop) will have them grouping for the big move south. We're not there yet.

good luck
Old 10-06-2010, 02:58 PM
Official Member

Default Re: Lost at sea

Thanks for the advise. What type, size and color tube-n-lures have you been using. I will be trying live eels and bunker shortly. Have you had any success with jigs?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement